Chapter 20: Aidan

Photo Andrew and Bayani
Aidan P.O.V.
1 month ago.
--------------------------------------

"There's something I need to tell you Aidan!" He said. Sitting by the window in the same position he had been in for 2 weeks. Looking out onto the blue black skies in a humble motion. Looking out unto the quite void for hours on end.
It should bring me peace that he was alive and calm. It could be worst. He could have ended up like Erica. I could have lost my Bestfriend like we lost Erica. We Lost her in the worst way.

"Oh your talking again?" I asked. Sitting next to him as his ankle sat wrapped up. I look out the window to again try and find his interest. But there was nothing out the 25 story window but expired shopping stores and dark palm trees.

Reminding me of how we attempted to dig one up behind his parents beach house when we where 11.

"Here you need food to live there mystery boy!" I said laughing handing him food. He just stared back at me eyes filled with tears.

"Bayani said you well be good to walk in about a month and a half. I told him it's nothing you haven't seen before." I keep talking watching him look out the window again. "He's the Asian guy. You should really try and socialize more! How long have it been since you've been around people?"

"I'm sorry!" He said dropping his head and poking his now cold food.

"It's kool but Drew is complaining about sharing food with someone he doesn't know. Victoria's been asking about you nonstop..."

"I thought you where gone! We thought you where gone. I broke the promise." He said fast and uneven.

"It's kool I thought you were gone too Dodger. What promise?.."
"She's alive!" He said low and painfully.

"Yeah Victoria's alive and well man. I think she has a thing for Julian the black guy. But since your alive I'm pretty sure that'll change, he's with Manny anyway..." I say looking out the window with him. Imagining him out there alone frightened me completely.

"Niagara's alive!" Dodger say.
I turn my face as if I've been slapped. I haven't heard her name in months. I buried the sound of her name under all my other pains. I buried the pain because if I hadn't it would have killed me.

"What?"
"We been together the whole time. Every since they first invaded that is. We stay by the boardwalk in a beach house for the last year or so."
"She's alive?"
"Yeah Aidan she's alive."

"How? Where? Where is she? Niagara? Niagara Bearon, with big hair and dark skin. Smart mouth and like really short temper? That Niagara?"

My heart was beating out my chest. I had nothing to grip on too for so long. For the longest time I had to force my eyes and mind active because I have nothing to live for.
I had lost my dad, brother, my Bestfriend, and the only girl I've ever loved in my whole entire life. I know what your thinking how could a boy not love his mother? The answer is I never really had a mother. I had a woman who gave birth to me so she could get half of my fathers bank roll. She took my twin brother as a pond away from me and my bad. Taking my brother Troy; her favorite; and forgetting me. Causing my dad to get violent and angry. Leaving me because I reminded her of him, because I wasn't Troy.

Niagara helped me in a time of my life when I felt completely alone. She was the only person in my life to know how it felt to not trust your parents to honestly want to be free of them. To be free of everyone.