Chapter 5

Congratulations, Seijuro. Your school is qualified for actual Interhigh. Please win for me, dear.

This is the sixth message from her.

He did see several girls from other schools during his team's match with Ryoto High yesterday but they were at least from three other schools. Thus, he couldn't figure out which school she is from.

Akashi despised this already. He hated someone who tried to replace his mother. This person must learn a lesson.

It was recess time at Kaijo High School. Shuha and Akira were having their lunch at the rooftop.

"Ne, Shu-chan. Are you going to Interhigh?" asked Akira biting the tips of her chopsticks. "What kind of question is that? Of course I'm going," answered Shuha finishing her last piece of baby octopus sausage.

"I mean, you're going to every game?"
"Yes. Why?"
"Cuz I only want to watch Kaijo *blush*"

Shuha sweat-dropped to see her friend. She sighed "Yeah, you're not into sports in the first place."

Suddenly, they were disturbed by Shuha's ringtone. Shuha took out her phone from her lunch bag to see the incoming call. It was Akashi Seijuro!

Shuha squealed "Oh my Gosh, it's Akashi Seijuro~!" "Answer it. Answer it now!" said Akira encouraging her. Shuha cleared her throat before answering.

"Hello?"
"Do not send me any message anymore. If you disobey, i swear you will lose your mother."

The call ended.

Shuha's eyes widened upon hearing him said that, shocked. The phone is still at her ear. Is this really the real Akashi? She thought.

"What happened, Shu-chan? What did he say?" asked Akira curious, snapping Shuha out of her trance.

She slowly put her phone down and started to calm down. She told Akira about Akashi said.

"WHAT?!! Is he a psychopath? You know what, you have to stop admiring him now. Geez, why did you even like him anyway?" said Akira afterward.

Shuha is totally worried about her mother now. Last night, when she was awake to drink some water at the kitchen, she overheard her parents conversation while passing by their room.

"You don't have to do this, honey."

"I have to, Shiki. It's my duty as a cop."

"But what about our children? I can't take care of them without you."

"I promise, darling. I won't go for long."

Shuha couldn't really figure out what they were talking about. But she was sure it was something bad. Something that would kill her mother eventually.

"Please be safe, Mother," prayed Shuha.

The recess time had already over. The teacher who should be teaching Class 1-4 had something to attend. Thus he left his students for self-study.

Akira took this oppurtunity to tell Kise Ryota about what Akashi did to her dear friend. She and Kise were classmates. Since then they were quite close.

"Eh?! Akashicchi said that???"
Akira nodded her head yes. "Was he always like that, Kise-kun?" asked Akira still worried about her friend. Kise shook his head. "No, he wasn't like that before. Not until last year."

"What happened?"

After that, Kise told her about the fight between Akashi and Murasakibara.