Chapter 6: Last and Final chapter

After nine years, Anne became very successful. She was the editor of teenage magazine, Candy magazine Philippines. One day, she has a schedule for a meeting; she immediately prepared herself for another day of work.

When she was about to meet her colleague; she was very SHOCKED and yet  VERY GRATEFUL…

“Excuse me are you Mr.…..” she paused

“Hi! I’m Franco Quinto, the CEO, and vp for Public Relation,  of the Spindle wear line.” He said cheerfully.

“Franco… is that you? How… how are you?  It’s been how many years? Uhm…”

“9 years to be exact.”

“(chuckles)! I heard you head off to US to go to college? Is that true?”

“Yup. I studied there. In NYU actually. You… how… how are you? You… You… You look be… great. Greater than before.”

“Well thank you… (criiing, criing, criing) Excuse me for a sec.”

“Sure.”

(a man’s voice is talking…) I’m on a meeting right now. (man) Okay 7:30 pm at Chinggay’s restaurant, next Saturday don’t be late. Ok. Bye

“Who’s that?”

“Uhm… Let’s stop talking about ourselves. Let us now proceed to business now.” She said turning her goofy mood to her business minded aura.

Their meeting went well until Franco asked a question.

“Do you have a crush on me?” he asked.

“What?! What are you saying? If you think I’m playing games here Mr. Quinto I think we don’t have do this business at all You… You are just wasting my time. I am a very bussy woman Mr. Quinto and I hope you know that.” She said angrily but blushing. “Good bye, Mr. Quinto. Just call my secretary if you are ready for a serious meeting.” But Franco was shocked of what Anne has said to him. Before she left the table, Franco hold her hand.  Anne stares at him and removed her hands and left.

Franco apologized to Anne and swore that it will never happen again. The second time they had a meeting it went well. Franco didn’t hesitate to close the deal with Candy Magazine. Before Franco closed the deal, he asked Anne if they could go for a dinner.

“Anne, since we are business partners, maybe we could uhm… Go for dinner, for celebration, that what I...Well tomorrow night. Are you available?” he asked.

“Oh… I have plans for tomorrow night. Oh! I have a great idea, maybe we could go for a dinner date tomorrow night. You could invite your girl friend, Heiress.”

“Me and uhm… Heiress are over. Since I moved to the US we broke up.”

“I’m sorry. It’s up to you who would you like to join. Tomorrow night at Chinggay’s restaurant, 7:30.”

“Okay . 7:30 it is.”

Franco prepared for the night. The night that will be the most memorable of all.  As he enters the restaurant, he saw Anne in very beautiful red dress. But as he gets closer to their table, he saw a familiar face. He saw his best friend, Keith.

“Keith?” he unsurely asked.

“Franco! My friend! How are you! It’s been a long time! Come on sit down. Uhm waiter!”

“Uhm so what are you doing here?” Franco asked

“Oh. We are about to plan about something. And I’m glad you’re here , so I could I ask for your opinion.”

“What it is?”

“Could be my best man?”’

“Sure!!!” Franco answered cheerfully. “But… Could I ask you something?”

“Yes. What’s that?”

“Uhm… Who’s your fiancé?”

“Oh…” Keith hold Anne’s hand.

“Anne will be soon Mrs. Keith Rodriguez.” Keith said proudly.

“Wow… That’s, that’s…  a great … news… for the both of you… Congratulations… Cheers… To your engagement…” he said with a smile that brokes his heart. And it shattered into pieces as Keith and Anne kissed in front of him. But in Anne’s face, she was sad of the sudden announcement.

As he supposed to expect the most memorable night of all, it became the worst night of all.

3 months later, the wedding was suddenly canceled. Anne called Franco to tell him what really happened. They met at Anne’s favorite place, their school’s covered court.

“Anne!”

“Franco!”

Anne ran to Franco and hugged him, weeping in tears. Broken hearted again.

“Tell me, what’s the reason? The reason why you canceled the wedding.”

“He cheated me! He slept with one of my bridesmaid!”

“True love never dies; But when  you lost it you might not feel it again; But if your true love will come back, it only means you are meant for each other.”

“I need to tell you something… I lied at the coffee shop when you asked me the question that I don’t have crush on you. Actually I had a crush on you since… Grade 2 (laughs).

“Really? Well that’s a world record. But I beated you. I had a crush on you since grade 1.”

“You’re kidding me?”

"I LOVE YOU, ANNE.”

“Are you serious?”

“Do I look kidding?”

“Give me a proof”

As she said those words, Franco kissed her. She was shocked, happy, excited, blushing.

“Is that enough?”

“I LOVE YOU TOO, FRANCO.”

And as they walked out the covered court, they were very happy. And  after 5 months of dating, they got married. And now they’re expecting a baby.