chapter 3

Then came the first day, as a FRESHMEN. All of the first year students are very happy. They catch up to each other, what they’ve done in the summer vacation. Anne met her best friend Heiress at the front gate of the campus. As all of their old classmates noticed, Anne is not the same girl who wears glasses and “baduy” clothes. She wears chic and stylish clothes, bags that fabulous, she’s very physically fit and most of all, her braces were removed.  It resulted that every guy in the campus wants to know her name, except for one.

“Anne! You’re like the most stylish and beautiful girl in school.” Heiress said proudly.

“Heiress, have you seen Fr….. You know, him.”

“No. I haven’t seen him yet. But, I want to tell you something. YOU’RE VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL, bes!”

“You to bes!!!” and they hugged.

As they went to their class, she saw Franco. She blushed a bowed her head. Mitch, is the arch nemesis of Anne, was so jealous of Anne because she was more beautiful than her now compared when they’re in the elementary days.

“Look, girls! It’s the ugly duckling; she turned into a beautiful swan!”  said Mitch.

“Well, at least Anne turned into beautiful swan, unlike you; you’re still an ugly duckling.” Heiress said loudly. And the class laughs,  even Franco. As there adviser entered the room, everyone sat down.

“We’re not yet done, Anne. Mark my word.” Mitch said warning Anne.

“You didn’t said a word. You said a “sentence”.” Said Heiress.

“Stop it, Heiress!” Anne said while slapping Heiress at her shoulder.

They took their break. There so many boys from the 4th year and 3rd year asking for Anne’s and Heiress’ names. But Anne was shy. She always stares at Franco.

“Hi, Franco. Do you still know me?” asked  Anne anxiously.

“Yes. I know you.” Answered Franco blushing, but Anne didn’t notice.

“So…” they both said together “Wha…”

“You go first, Anne.”

“I want to tell  you some…” Anne stopped. She saw Mitch coming in their table.

“Hi Franco! Miss me!?” said Mitch flirting to Franco.

“Uhm, I need to go. Talk to you later.” Anne said with her fist clenched tightly and blushing.

“Okay.”

Anne was so upset because of what Mitch said.

Their freshmen year finally ended.