2

The first week rolled by and it went smoothly. Natasha was already getting familiar with some people.  She had already identified the brainy ones, the mediocre, and the "elders" in the class. But there was especially a person who caught her fancy. It was the brainiac student of the science class; Richard Bamidele.

He is a tall, lanky fellow,  a bright lad, and everybody loved Richard. There were times during combined classes that Natasha couldn't help but stare at him, and whenever he turned, she quickly averts her gaze.

School activities were going rather smoothly for Natasha. She didn't excellently in the tests and always scored the highest marks in her class.

   Every first term right before the exams, it was a tradition at Emerald high to celebrate it's anniversary.  All the students were to dress in Green mufti; which is the school's signature colour. 
On the eve of the celebration,she made sure she prepared everything down for the next day. When she was sure she had all she needed, she raced to the dining to join her parents and her sibling to eat dinner. After dinner, she raised the topic of the anniversary

"Tomorrow's my school's 12th anniversary and we're supposed to dress in green;our signature colour".

"Wow. That's nice.  I never knew Emerald high celebrates its anniversary" her mom said
"Back then at  my school we never had anything like that" her dad added.

It was the day of the anniversary, and as usual both girls set out for school together.
Natasha had on a short green polka dotted dress, a pair of black wedges while Esosa was dressed in a long green gown, strings of pink crystal beads hung on her plump neck and she completed her outfit with a pair of pink loafers.
On getting to school Esosa went to the canteen to get some snacks, leaving Natasha to head upstairs by herself. right there at the foot of the stairs, she saw Richard standing there and listening to music on his headphones. On sighting her he paused for awhile and gawked at her until she approached with the intention of heading up. She noticed Richard starring at her

"Why are you starring?" she asked with smiling.
"uhm-uhm.-he stuttered. You look gorgeous"