1

Natasha woke up to the crowing of a cock. She put on her bedside lamp and found out it was 2am. She had slept quite late the previous day. She felt anxious and nervous about her move to a new school that she slept with a bellyful of butterflies.

••*••
As early as 4 o'clock on Monday morning Natasha had already gotten up, bathed, dressed up and went to the kitchen to help her mum prepare breakfast.

"Good morning mum"
"How was your night dear? "
"It was ok"
"What are we having for breakfast mom? " asked Natasha
"We are having Tea and bread, topped with fried eggs".

After breakfast she took her bag and started to walk the short distance between her home and her school. When she arrived, she went straight to the school's bookshop to claim her textbook, and right after that she went straight to the school's store to get her uniform. And no sooner, the assembly began.

••*••
Emerald high school is an amazing school that is known for its brilliant academic performance. It is a four storey building brightly painted with Emerald green and white paint. The edge of the fence was lined with tall whistling pine trees, making the place look serene and nature like.

••*••
Assembly was held inside the school hall. The students marched into the hall and filed up according to their classes. The boys were dressed in Emerald green trousers and white shirts while the girls were in Green skirt and white shirts and tie. The prefect stood at the corner of the hall, ready to punish noisemakers in the hall.

After The National Anthem, the principal came to the podium to address the students

"Students of Emerald high - he began, I would want you to buckle up and take your studies seriously. And as for the new students,buckle up".

Assembly ended and the teachings began. Each teacher that came to class always asked the same question

"what's your name?"
"what school did you come from? "
And Natasha was like would you all just shut up already. But in a polite manner she would answer each question with half a grin on her face.

Well at least the first day went well. She thought to herself, let's hops tomorrow brings a better surprise.

The second day came and went and on the third day, she made a friend. Her name was Esosa. Esosa is a plump girl, lively and friendly to be with. And as fate would have it, they were both Art students. Esosa lived across the road opposite Natasha's house, so they started going to school together.

Hey guys new book. What do you think of the first chapter.. Next chapter wud be up in a day or two or maybe even less.. Anyways.. Vote and comment guys. Xoxo