Chapter Nine

"Let all cats join under the Highrock for a Clan meeting!" Silverstar's call rang throughout the camp and all the cats slowly exited their dens, stretching and yawning while they made their way over to the Highrock. Some cats had already woken up so they were already in their places below the Highrock, waiting for their leader's announcement.

Once everyone was settled, Silverstar got on with the meeting. "Today is a great day. The making of new apprentices," she started. Stormfeather had made his way up next to Silverstar quietly while she spoke. "Icekit, step forwards." The kit bounced a few steps of the way but calmed down and walked like an actual apprentice would the rest of the way, tail held high. "Icekit, you have reached the age of six moons and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you have received your warrior name, you will be known as Icepaw." Silverstar paused, gaze flickering around the rest of her warriors, deciding who Icepaw's mentor would be. After scanning the crowd, she chose. "Your mentor will be Birdsong. I hope she will pass down all her knowledge to you." She paused and looked at the warrior she chose. "Birdsong, you are ready to take on your first apprentice. You have received brilliant training from your past mentor, Redfoot, and you have shown yourself to be courageous and smart. You will be the mentor of Icepaw. I expect you to pass on everything you have learned to Icepaw." Silverstar stopped talking and Icepaw turned, finding Birdsong and touching noses with her quickly before sitting next to her and looking up at Silverstar again. "Crowkit, step forwards please," The leader spoke once again after Icepaw got settled with Birdsong. Crowkit stood up straight and walked up to Silverstar proudly. "Crowkit, you have reached the age of six moons and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on until you have reached your warrior name you will be known as Crowpaw. Your mentor will be Thunder. I hope he will pass down what he knows to you." Silverstar looked away from the apprentice and looked around for Thunder. When she spotted him, she began speaking. "Thunder, you are also ready to take on your first apprentice. You have learned a lot of the Warriors since you have joined us, and I expect you to teach Crowpaw everything all of our warriors, new and old, have taught you." Thunder dipped his head and walked up to Crowpaw, touching his apprentice's nose and moving out of the way, Crowpaw following. After a moment of silence, Stormfeather went to Silverstar's side and met his leader's gaze for a second before she looked away. "Bluekit, step forwards." Silverstar's eyes shined at the fact she'd be giving Stormfeather an apprentice. "Bluekit, you are ready to become an apprentice." She kept it short since Riverheart had patrols to assign. "Stormfeather, do you take Bluekit to be your apprentice?" She asked softly. Stormfeather looked at Bluekit. "Yes, I do," he answered proudly. "Bluekit, from this day on until you have received your Medicine Cat name, you will be known as Bluepaw. Stormfeather will be your mentor and I know that he will teach you the ways of the Medicine cats." Bluepaw and Stormfeather touched noses and then Silverstar dismissed the meeting so the newly made mentors and apprentices could go and do what they wished.

Goldenfur smiled with appreciation and said a few words to her kits before jogging off to the Warriors den and finding her nest. The apprentices ran off to their mentors and as Moosepaw was going to find Whiteheart, Icepaw and Crowpaw leapt on top of her. "Moosepaw!" They squeaked excitedly. "Will you take us to our den?!" Icepaw asked, eyes bright. "Sure. Why don't you go get moss from Stormfeather and Bluepaw first so you can make your nests?" She suggested. "Okay!" Crowpaw ran away and Icepaw bolted after her brother. They returned with mouthfuls of moss and then Moosepaw loped to the den with them and helped them choose places. Icepaw was told to stay in camp for today, so she had to do her apprentice duties while Crowpaw got to see the territory and Moosepaw went out to do a border patrol and then stayed out to train with Whiteheart and do some hunting. Bluepaw and Stormfeather stayed in the Medicine Cat's den the whole time while Bluepaw learned the herbs that Stormfeather had in stock first before anything else.

It was a basic day at the camp with new apprentices getting settled into their new nests and bouncing around excitedly. There was nothing else to be done so after the daily patrols and everything else had been done, the Warriors ate together while the apprentices ate outside their den and both Medicine Cat's ate in their den before Riverheart placed a Night guard and the cats settled down for the night, ready for tomorrow.