20: [OCT 7, 2016, 9:52 AM]

"You want an apple?" Kit opens Angel's bedroom door and leans on the wall. "You gotta fiber up, we're facing the Wands tonight."
Angel, who had recently raided the nearest office supply store, looks up from his papers detailing strategies and counter-plays specifically for tonight's game. "How does cellulose help with energy?"
"That's a big word. I dunno." Kit says. He sits down next to him on the one empty space on the carpeted floor. "How many hours of sleep did you get, my comrade?"
"Eight hours and forty-three minutes." Angel responds. He checks something off on his rink diagram. "Y'know, all our play errors stem from bad passes and miscommunication. I thought you said Khai and Matti were supposed to be good together?"
"Were. They're much more inconsistent now, things got nasty." Kit shrugs. "And... they are people. People are inconsistent. Like Tahnay. Sometimes he's an immaculate Pokémon player. Most of the time he's trash."
Angel snickers at that. "Pokémon?"
"That's why me and Tahnay came over, man. Tommy holds a battle session-tournament-marathon every month. Mental exercise." Kit takes a bite of his apple. He munches loudly as he continues. "You should join us, come on."
The Wanderers slip out of Angel's mind for the first time in weeks, and he gladly accepts it. He stacks his papers and follows Kit out his door. "Thanks, Kit."
"What'd I do?" Kit asks, surprised. He takes another bite.
"Pulled me out of there, I guess." Angel says. "Thank you, really."
Kit smiles and nods, mouth still full, and he pats his shoulder.