Christmas Kids pt. 1

It was that time of the year. Christmas music starts playing, snow starts falling, everyone's so jolly....I've always hated it. But, the good thing is my cousins come to my house during Christmas break.

My older cousin, Scott, was a wolf. He's one year older than me, but he's taller than my father (granted, my father is really short). He can be arrogant sometimes, but he's really cool and we get along great.

Then there's my younger cousin, Kristen. She's a fairy. She is two years younger than me, making her 10. She's really something.

Kristen comes from Hazlet and Scott comes from South Carolina. I barley see either of them. So that's why they usually come on occasions, mostly they come in the summer.

So, the first day of Christmas break arrived. Connor, Erin, and I got up really early because we were excited (even though I wouldn't admit that I was). We started cleaning our rooms because my dad told us to.

As I was cleaning off my dresser top, Connor came in my room. He looked tired. He dropped himself on my bed.

"Sup, bro. You okay?" I said as I wiped down the top of my dresser.

"Yeah I guess..it's just..." he moved so his head was on my pillow. He looked at the ceiling.

"What's wrong~" I said as I jumped on the bed next to him.

"Well....Scott's coming..." he said, sorta sad. I sat up.

"Umm..duh, of course. Dude, where are you going with this?" I asked. He sat up too. He looked down.

"He doesn't like me..." he said quietly.

"Of course he likes you! You're cousins!" I slightly shoved him. He got up from the bed and leaned against my wall.

"Doesn't mean anything.." he mumbled.

"Look, you don't need Scott's approval. For what it's worth, I think you're pretty great." I lightly punched his shoulder and gave him a warm smile. He smiled back.

"Just promise me you won't leave me out?" He said as he opened my door.

"I promise!" I said. Then he left to go in his room.

Then there was a knock at the door. I ran downstairs and opened it before my dad got there. My dad and Connor stood behind me.

As I opened the door, a small girl was there. It was Kristen. She had dark brown hair. She wore a red shirt with a pink skirt. And she had a small suitcase in her hands. She was excited. Once she saw me and Connor her eyes turned purple. Wings appeared from her back and she fluttered in excitement. Then she hugged me.

"You have your powers," she said loudly, "Now we don't have to hide ours!"

She ran in the house and charged upstairs into my room. My dad shut the door as me and Connor followed Kristen. She opened her suitcase and took out her iPad and charger. She plugged the charger into the outlet. Then she turned to me.

"You finally got your fire witch powers, huh? That's so cool!" She yelled.

"Yeah..and you're a fairy, right?" She nodded.

"I'm an earth fairy. I can grow plants really fast and I have healing powers."

"That's cool," I sat down at my desk chair, "does that mean you can bring people back to life?"

"Umm...no, I can't do that..but I can bring people to perfect health when they've been hurt!"

"When's the stoner coming...?" Connor asked.

"Oh, Scott? He'll be here shortly! I hope.." she replied. Then Erin came in my room.

"Krissy, why do you have wings?" She asked.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they're fake?" Then she started laughing nervously. Erin doesn't fully understand powers, even though she knows my dad and I have them.

"Okay..when Scott coming?" She said.

"He'll be here soon. Go in your room! You're not allowed in mine!" I said quickly.

"Fine!" Then she went in her room and slammed the door. Kristen, Connor, and I talked for a little bit.

Until we heard a knock at the door...