Chapter Seven

This is Kila's real avatar after the change

"I wish you luck, players."

The cloak that was Akihiko Kayaba disappeared in a burst of static with his last words. The red squares shielding the plaza blinked away.

Silence. Absolute silence filled the plaza like a swarm of birds and settled over our heads. Disbelief. Anger. Fear.

Yet everything was still silent.

Soon the silence was broken by the scream of a young girl.

"No...No!"

Her cry brought voices to the souls in the plaza, and the disbelief, anger, and fear was expressed.

"Damn you!" "Let me out of here!" "Are you crazy?" "I have to meet someone after this!" "What are you thinking?"

I squeezed Dawn's hand tightly and asked her, "Is this real?"

She nodded. I turned towards Jijika and her family. They were talking quietly with themselves.

"So, now what?" I asked them.

Riku looked at me. "I don't know. I mean, if everything he is saying is true, then the only way to survive is to be strong. Safety should be the highest priority. I know I'm going to wait for other people to clear the game. I think that I'm going to level up a bit, buy a house, and live with my family until this is all over."

Ikara nodded. "That sounds best, in terms of safety. Jijika? What do you think?"

"I will do anything to protect you guys. Get a house. Live safely. I'm going to level up as high as I can without taking any major risks." Jijika said.

Riku paled. "No, Mum! You gotta live with us! I can't lose you."

Jijika smiled at her son. "I'm going to be just fine. I want to be strong, so if anything happens, I can help you."

"Damnit Mum, you're too perfect." Riku mumbled and kissed his mom on the cheek. "You're always welcome at our house. Just message me and I'll come get you."

Jijika whispered something to him and looked at me and Dawn. Riku exclaimed, "Of course! Kila, you and Dawn are totally welcome too!"

I blushed. "Oh, no. It's fine!"

Ikara smiled and said firmly,"I insist."

"That is really great. Thank you so much!" I said. Dawn thanked them too.

"Well, we're all friended, right?" Jijika asked everybody.

We all confirmed that we could all contact each other.

"Well, Riku, I'll help you and the kids scrape up some money for a house." Jijika told her family.

I looked at Dawn. "Me and Dawn are going to try to level up. Also, remember, the resources in this kind of game are limited, so Floor One will be empty soon."

"We'll keep that in mind. Thank you," Ikara said.

There was a moment of silence. Now was the time where we would split. But we didn't know when we'd see each other again.

"Thank you so much for everything. And if Dawn and I get a place together, all of you are always welcome." I told all of them, my voice breaking a little. 

"Of course. Thank you too," Jijika gasped, and hugged me tightly.

"Be safe, my dears." Jijika told us.

"Goodbye!" Dawn and I said. Tears began to stream down my cheeks.

"Goodbye! Good luck!" They cried.