Chapter 13: I Remember

Lizzie's POV

-----------

Joel was officially awake and out of the house when I found him.

He was pacing impatiently on the porch before he noticed me.

He broke out in a smile.

"Lizzie!" I dashed forward and hugged him.

"Your finally awake!" I exclaimed.

Joel's eyebrows furrowed. "It's all kinda like a fuzzy dream right now." He muttered, rubbing his temples. "And it hurts."

"Well don't try to think about it."  I said fiercely.

"Alright alright!" He put his hands up in mock surrender.

He looked around, suddenly confused.

"By the way, where are we Liz?"

I wasn't really in the mood for a long story, so I told him the basics.

"So, we're in another world. An evil force is trying to merge all worlds. We need to find the evil's forces power source. You and the girls a secretly legendary super warriors from myths in this world years ago. Cupquake fell of a cliff because a demonic lemon-drop Pac-Man and we don't know if she's alive or not. Anything else I miss?" Joel asked.

"That's about it." I chirped.

Joel sighed. "You've sure been busy then."

"Agreed." I nodded.

"Lizzie...when you were talking about this evil force's 'power source', I...I started to recall something. When I was possessed by that...shadow wisp thingy? Something that seemed important to the 'master' it was serving."

"You don't have to think about it if you don't want to." I assured him.

Joel shook his head. "I want to be of some use in this. Plus, this is important, trust me."

I hesitantly let him go on.

"There's this object, but I can't really make out what it was. Some sort of nether star, but way more powerful than on you would get from a normal wither. Stuff from Crazy Craft, and all sorts of other modded items were appearing near it. And...ughh. It's all blurry again." He looked at me sadly.

"A nether star huh..." I mumbled.

"Didn't seem like anything from any mods." Joel shrugged.

"Maybe it's a new item they created!" 

Before I could delve deeper into this fact, Aphmau approached.

"Hey, any of you seen Stacy?" She asked, worried.

"Last I saw, she when into the woods. Haven't seen her since." I said. "Why, do you need her?"

"She's been missing Lizzie." Aphmau deadpanned.

"Maybe she went out to clear her head?" I said, though it came out as more of a question.

"We went searching for a bit. Knowing Stacy, she wouldn't of strayed far, but she's just gone. Nothing left behind, no tracks or anything." 

Worry built up inside of me.

"Did you go any further?" I asked, biting my lip.

Aphmau shook her head, black hair swaying.

"We came to get you first."

"Oh." I mumbled.

But it didn't make any sense.