Chapter 49: Begone

Closing in on the city center, the light became ever so...

Brighter.

As the group was quickly approaching the sounds, one of them stopped, overcome with a sense of lightheadedness.

"Hey, you alright-"

Time slowed.

Screaming.

It rang loudly, chiming, and her ears were ringing.

She couldn't...move.

Her whole body was in a complete state of frozen pain, convulsing with terror.

She didn't want this.

She wanted to move.

She wanted to be free from the chains that bound her wrists down.

White light pierced her mind, etching a fine line into her skull with jabs of a headache.

She barely could make out her own name being spelled out.

"J⃠e⃠s⃠s⃠!"

"ꌗ꓄ꍏꉓꌩ!"

"⊥ḯḟḟ? ⊥ḯḟḟ∀η¥!!!"

"l̸i̸z̸z̸i̸e̸!"

Shapes swirled.

Very round shapes.

And all four spectators fell into the ground, vanishing.

***

"Hey, WAKE UP!"

Jess shot up, her glasses unproportionate across her face.

"I'M AWAKE!" She screeched back, only to have her mouth covered by a hand.

"Shhhhsh!" Jason stood in front of her, silencing her. "Geez that was loud! You have any idea how loud that was?!"

"Uhhh..." Jess trailed off, looking around in confusion.

She was on her chair still, laptop on her lap, and she was back in the room she'd been trying to help the girls get the Blossoms world on.

"I just came in, and I was calling your name, what, like 5 times?" Jason's counted silently on his fingertips before continuing. "What gave you guys the spirit to suddenly take a nap in the middle of the day?"

"I don't...know?" Jess squeaked.

Jason sighed. "Well, we have to get a move on. Today is the recording day for the next episode of MCD!"

Jess paused. "Hold that."

Jason spluttered. "H-hold what?"

"Hold that thought." She hollowly said. "Do ya think you could take over for me today?"

Jason frowned, worriedly, checking her temperature. "Are you sick? Is that why?"

"No! Of course not, I'm just..." She trailed off. "Busy. Yeah that's it, busy!"

"With what?" 

"Girl stuff that only girls would understand." Indignantly raising her head, she smiled. "Basically, I'm not exactly in the best mood for it."

Jason quirkily raised an eyebrow. 

"If you say so." He finally said, skepticism crossing his face momentarily.