☀ froot loops and cheerios

ice cubes will melt when you put them near a sandcastle. 

crayons will dry out when you leave them by the window sill. 

a rose will never survive in the harsh lands of polar ice caps,

and a honeybee will fall if she flies under thunderous clouds. 

oh you silly, silly girl. 

fruit loops don't belong in a bowl full of cheerios. 

you'll ruin its honey-nut flavor with your fruity taste and vibrant color. 

they'll look at you like a cold sore on a perfectly manicured thumb and ask themselves, how did she end up there

 was there not enough room in your cereal box or did they simply leave you at the bottom?

oh you silly little fruit loop,

has this never occurred to you?

you'll never be accepted as a cream-colored honey flavored cheerio. 

you have color in your veins and liveliness in your features and a far better taste than those of your neighbors.

they'll either accept you for who you are or look at you with disdain for the rest of your life.

they'll try to push you around and rid you of your color and break you in half so that you're no longer the same fruit loop you've always known yourself to be.

but you know what? 

that's something you'll just have to live with.

because no matter how you spend your time swimming in that ceramic bowl of milk that you call life,

your destiny is still the same as the others.

and there will come a day when that godly spoon will scoop you up from that cursed bowl,

and drop you in a tunnel that would lead you to your new home. 

so until then, don't let your fruity flavor and vibrant color go to waste.

you jumped out of your old cereal box for a reason 

and remember, this bowl of cheerios will lose its color if you don't stay. 

I don't write free-verse poetry that much, but since I've had this idea in mind for awhile I thought it would fit this writing style pretty well. Let me know what you think?

Dedicated to @charmed-life because her free verse is just uh-maze-ing. Check out her collection "Alphabet Soup," you won't regret it <3