a knock on the door

I had been in New York for two months and had gotten used to most of the things:weather, traffic, even food prices.

Being in New York with no friends was one of the hardest things ever. Sam still hadn't texted me back and then I heard a knock at the door.

It had been along day at work. I was exhausted so went home and got comfortable. I kept on my salmon coloured high low dress from work, grabbed a thing of chocolate ice cream, grabbed the fault in our stars(for the thousandth time), and slumped on the couch.

I had finished about over half of the ice cream and my face wet with tears. I had cried over Augustus' death before, but never this intense. The tears weren't just about the book but about all the pain that has happened to me including Sam. Ugh Sam. We were like brothers and sisters and then he stopped talking to me all because i decided to go to New York. I finished the book and must of drifted off.

I woke up to a buzz coming from my phone and looked at the time: 12:01. It was official my birthday which made me even sadder for I shared my birthday with Sam. I texted him but got no reply just a knock on the door. I got up slowly and made my way to the door wondering who it could be at 12:01 in the morning.