walking miracle

3 years passed and I was still alive.

I started walking and my hair started growing back. The cancer seemed to fade away. We still knew I would die first. We never had to say it. Even if it was over a year I was still not healthy. When all the cancer started I had to quite my job and stay at home. Sam always loved me no matter how well ratchet I looked. We had to cut my hair into a guy cut because I started losing it fairly quickly.

Sam called me his miracle.

He looked at me as if a was a precious diamond and I was the prettiest.

He was the best husband I could have imagined. Soon the day came when we figured out that we weren't meant to be together for ever.

I had heard my friends talk about their husbands as if they were like their Prince Charming's. Then they got divorces. They didn't ever cry.. just scream and yell and through things. One day Sandi said something that got me thinking.

"Ya know I think," she said chewing in her gum,"that divorce is worst than death. If they die you don't have to deal with them any more." she laughed as if it was so funny.

By that time I could walk. I walked home that day in a matter of fact. I thought I would be able to go home and hug him and tell him I love him but I wasn't able to.