Chapter 5

The two little first years were scared about their first trip in the Forbidden Forest without Hagrid. I can do this. I can do this. Rose kept telling herself that to keep her confidence up. They quietly slipped out of the Gryffindor Common Room and managed to get to the back entrance of the school without getting caught. “Let’s go.” Albus said, and they ran to Hagrid’s hut which they hid behind. From then on, they used their wands as a light through the forest. They walked and walked through the dark woods, scared out of their wits. There were strange noises that echoed around each corner, and scary shadows in the distance. Rose and Albus stayed close together, making sure not to separate. Then they heard something; a low snore coming from ahead of them. They quickened their pace, but then the snoring stopped. Rose took her wand and scanned the ground for something that would lead them to Fluffy.

“What’s that?” Albus asked, but before she could reply, he picked up to what appeared like a stone. “Oh it’s just a stone.” he said disappointedly before throwing it on the ground.

“Let me see.” and Rose then picked up the same stone and tossed it between her hands. “Uncle Fred?”

“What are you talking about Rose? Uncle Fred is dead.” replied Albus. “Now come on, we haven’t got all day.”

“No, look. There’s Uncle Fred.” Rose said and then she stretched her hand out in mid air as if she believed someone was there. “He says there is somebody behind me.” and as she said that, she carefully turned around to see a figure of a boy around her age with his hand out.

“Give me the stone.” Malfoy stepped out of the darkness. “Accio Resurrection Stone.” The stone zoomed out of Rose’s hand and went straight to Malfoy. “Thank you.” and he held the stone in his palm.

“Can you see anybody?” Rose asked, still a little scared at the sight of Malfoy.

“Yes, I can see some of my family members that died. Did you know of the Resurrection Stone?” he said looking at Albus, who was wondering why Malfoy was being so calm.

“No, and I’m not interested anyways.” replied Albus angrily.

“I’m not what you think. I’m not like my father. Everyone thinks I am a freak, but I’m not.” Scorpius Malfoy said.

“Fine, Scorpius. But may you please leave.” said Rose.

“I want to help you find the Sisterstone. And yes, I was the one who has been listening all of this time, but please don’t get mad. I can help you.” Rose looked at Albus, but he appeared to be thinking of something different, so Rose agreed.

“Let’s go before it gets too dark.” The three of them walked towards the snoring that was heard once again. “Oh my!” said Rose as they approached Fluffy. His three heads were lying on the ground. Scorpius began to move the large paw of Fluffy away from the trap door. Suddenly, Fluffy’s six eyes immediately popped open, and a growl arose from a mouth. Then, the eyes slowly closed back down, and the sound of a Flute was heard from behind Scorpius and Albus. When they turned around, they found Rose playing the flute.

“How did you know?” mouthed Albus to Rose.

“I did my research!” she replied quickly between two notes. Scorpius and Albus carefully moved all the paws and found the trap door. Once they opened the trap door, they found a small box. They grabbed the box and ran away. Once they were far enough away from Fluffy, Rose stopped playing the Flute and ran to where Scorpius and Albus were.

“What’s in there?” asked Rose as she approached the boys. But she didn’t even need an answer because she was already looking from behind Albus’ shoulder into the box.