Tonight...

A.N: My friend sent me a link for a picture and this is what happens... //sighs... Anyway, besides the horrible picture, enjoy the chapter!

I wake up a little earlier, feeling energized and refreshed. Tord lies next to me, making soft, gentle snoring sounds. I chuckle and stand up. The first signs of light are shining through the cracks of the tent. I yawn and stretch a bit, before heading outside. I step into fresh dew, and I'm surprised by it. I'm used to light gravel pecking at my feet, waking be up. The orange sun is painting the clouds a brilliant collage of warm colors. I sigh and sit down on the wooden planks, elevating our tent off of the ground.

After a few moments, I grab my toiletry case and head off to find the bathrooms. They're located in a clearing, and a few other soldiers are also there getting ready. I see a woman with blonde hair, shaved on one side. A short man with curly brown hair is laughing, explaining a story to his much taller companion. This one has greasy dirty blonde hair, streaking down his back. There's also a woman with long flowing black hair, who seems to be standing in the corner quietly. A short man with wavy blonde hair in a short ponytail comes in and hoists a sniper rifle. "Squad 305-B! We're need in sector 20-18 for a regrouping with squads 305-A through 305-D! Oh yeah, and cocandy-canes." The blonde man exclaims, thrusting his rifle in the air excitedly. About 9 or 10 people in the bathrooms holler with delight and scamper out of the bathroom area. I shake my head, smiling.

I open one of the stalls and relieve myself. Then I wash my hands, which is what someone should do after going to the bathroom! (Yeah guys, I've seen too many people not wash their hands... It's gross, don't do that) Then I take out my toothbrush and toothpaste, brushing my taste with Smirnoff flavored toothpaste. It was amazing, I knew I should've asked Kathrine for it. For not knowing her very well, she was a pretty cool gal. I spit out the toothpaste and rinse, after that I wash my face.

I return to the tent to find Tord changing into his uniform. "How'd you sleep?" He asks, trying to slip into his undercoat. "Fine, how about you?" I ask, putting my stuff back into my suitcase. "Pretty well I guess, it was warmer than usual." Tord says with a laugh, referencing last night. I roll my eyes, but give a cheerful smile. "Knock Knock!" A cheerful voice rings out from outside of the tent. "Oh... Come in Amber!" Tord intoned a little harshly.

A teenager with unruly orange hair comes into the tent, a shining amber tied around her neck. "Oh? Who's this!" Amber chirps, looking at me with mischievous eyes. "This is Tom. My boyfriend." Tord introduces me, pointing in my general direction. "Boyfriend?" Amber hisses under breath, her fists clenching up. I nervously wave and give a small grin. "So should I just leave? Or..." Amber mumbles, opening the tent flap. "You can go, spend some time with the rest of your squad. I'm sure Deemurr or Chiro would spend some time with you." Tord says, trying to get her out. "Oh. Okay then! See you guys later!" Amber dejectedly laughs, heading outside. "She definitely has a a crush on you dude." I chuckle. "I know... It gets annoying sometimes." Tord sighs.

Tord says that he has to go an "take care of some business." So I head off to explore the camp. I amble through some of the tent space, before I find the shooting range. I clench my hands and walk over to the gun rack. It's been weeks since I've shot anything. Makes it sound like a good thing, but I bet I'm pretty rusty. I grab a handgun and start to position myself. I start to take shots. Almost none of my shots hit. I bite my lip, a bit disappointed in myself. I steady myself and look at the target, keeping my head pointed at it, just like Tord said. I take a few more shots. I make a little more than what I did before and I tell myself to come back and improve my aim.

For now, I start to take a walk through the camp again. I slightly flounce through the camp, trying to take in everything. That's when I finally make it to the medical unit. I take a peek inside. There's a few people running around. There's an Asian woman lying on a cot, with a bullet wound to her upper chest. It looks pretty fatal, but it looks like it missed the heart, but pierced an artery. It's still bleeding. There's a white boy sitting next to her with messy brown hair. Another woman is scurrying around with her mocha hair tied up in a neat high bun.

I take a step into the tent, and the woman takes one look at me. "are you injured?" She asks, trying to stuff gauze into the other woman's wound. "No, but I can help if you want me too." I say, looking over at the woman. "I know she got hit in her artery, but I don't know how to stitch it up.... Our main doctor is out on the field, with some of the other squads." The brown haired woman panics. "Here." I say, while grabbing some needles, string, morphine, and hand sanitizer. I disinfect the stuff, and ask her to string the string through the needle, while I clean the wound. I wipe away the blood and take out the gauze. I take a look at the patients arm, and plunge the needle into her big artery on the joint. The patient shudders a bit, before lying still. I check her heart and her breathing, which are okay, and proceed to stitch up the artery. It's way different than just stitching up a skin wound. "Call me when you see the bleeding subside. I'm just going to put the extra string back in the room." I breathe, walking over.

I open the tent flap, and see a couple other people hustling around a body. It doesn't take me long to figure out who the body is.