Chapter 7 ✔️

"He likes it," I mutter quietly while going to grip the cup. And that's when it happens. The cup drops to the floor, my back arches and cracks in pain. A painful gasp emmits from my lips as I fall to my knees, hearing those crack too. Everything feels as if it's in slow motion. I go tumbling to the ground, Edward and everyone else quickly dashing to my aid as Edward catches my head in his hands.

And that's when I realize I've went into labor.

******

Edward's POV

"Rosalie, pass the morphine," I say while watching Sophie, the love of my life, my wife gasp and cry in pain. "Carlisle said the placenta must have detatched," Alice informs me, the phone being held against her shoulder. I say nothing as I take the morphine and stick the needle into Sophie's thin leg, hearing her grunt in pain. "He's coming as fast as he can, but..." Alice begins to say but Rosealie cuts her off.

"We'll have to do it," She grabs the scalpel, going to cut into Sophie's stomach but I immediately grab her wrist to stop her. "Rose! Let the morphine spread," I look between my adoptive sister and Sophie whose mouth is open in pain. "There's no time. He's dying!" Rose growls at me with her wrist still in my hand. "Get him out now!" Sophie screams at me as her body writhes in pain. I let go of Rosalie's wrist, letting her cut into Sophie. "Look at me, Sophie," Jacob tells my wife to keep her distracted from the pain. But it doesn't help. Sophie starts screaming in pure agony, tears falling down her face as her legs kick back and forth. I watch as Sophie blacks out for a minute but my eyes are really trained on Rosalie who is staring at the bloody scalpel in her hand. "Rosalie, don't!" Jacob jumps over Sophie and into Rosalie, sending them both to the ground, the scalpel clattering along with them. "Alice, get her out of here!" I yell, moving up closer to Sophie as Alice drags Rosalie out by her neck. "Rosalie!" Sophie exclaims while watching Alice drag Rosalie out. "Ow! Ow!" Sophie screams with her body writhing in pain. "You have to do it. You have to change her," Jacob yells at me but I shake my head. "I can't, not whilst he's still in there. I've gotta get him out first," I look down at Sophie, Jacob and I on either side of her before I move down to be closer to her stomach.

"Stay, Sophie. Stay focused. Keep your heart beating,"

I then start biting my way through her slightly hard skin. It's a lot harder than a humans since she is part vampire, so penetrating the skin is going to take a bit more effort. "No! He's suffocating!" Sophie screams just as I bite her again, letting out a screeching cry of pain. I pull back just a bit to wipe the blood off of my mouth before going back at it. Whilst doing so, I try not to pay attention to Sophie's screams because then I would just want to stop. And I can't do that. I finish biting around the end of her stomach, Sophie's screams ceasing. She blacked out...again.

"Okay," I mumble as I stick my hands in her stomach, reaching for the baby. I smile at the sight of my-our baby. "Hey, hey, hey," I mumble quietly to the baby in my arms. "It's Renesmee," I tell Sophie who is looking at me through hooded eyes. She goes to speak but ends up screaming in pain again. I look at her frantically, placing Renesmee in her arms before moving back to her open stomach and sticking my hands inside. I feel around for a second and then my hands touch skin. Surprised, I pull out another baby, a girl. "Karlie-Mae," I smile down at my other baby. Twins. No wonder why Sophie was a lot bigger than the normal human. "They're beautiful," She whispers hoarsley as I move to lay Karlie-Mae on the other side of Sophie. I hold both Karlie-Mae and Renesmee in my hands while holding them up to Sophie as she looks at them. Suddenly both Renesmee and Karlie-Mae bite Sophie, making her groan in slight pain. Both babies start to cry so I pull them away, trying to quiet them down some. Once they finally settle down, I turn to look at Sophie, only to see her dull eyes. No, no...this can't happen. "Sophie? Sophie? Sophie!" Jacob yells as he tries to shake her awake. Nothing. He then presses his lips to her, holding her nose as he breathes into her mouth while blowing. Pulling away, Jacob presses down on her chest. I set Karlie-Mae down on the end of the bed, quickly grabbing a cloth for the medical tray lying on the ground and pick two up, wrapping one around Renesmee and the other one around Karlie-Mae. "Jacob, take the babies," I hold both of them out to him.