B Is for Balloons

This is for the one vote I got! Thanks to whoever voted!

From now on, I'm going to ask a PJO/HOO related question at the end and whoever answers correctly first gets a dedication!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters, ideas, etc(sadly). Rick Riordan does...

Enjoy!

About: It's Katie's birthday. What happens when Travis has nothing to give her?

Time: After the Giant War

Travis' POV:

It's Katie's b-day! There's a slight problem, though...

I have nothing to give her!

Ok, deep breaths Travis, deep breaths. I'm freaking out!

Connor says 'give her what she likes. Surprise her with a party or something.' Easy for him to say. His girlfriend doesn't know him inside-out well enough to guess any presents he might give her.

Yeah. Katie Gardner's like that with me.

~LINE BREAK

"What am I going to do?" I groaned. Connor looked at me weirdly. I guess most people get that look when they're hanging off the roof of their cabin upside down. I climbed down and sighed.

"Dude, you could always-"

I cut Connor off by jumping through the window.

"What are you doing?"

"Shh. She's coming. Don't tell her where I am!" I listened carefully as Katie came closer.

"Hey, Connor. Have you seen Travis?" Katie asked him.

"No. I haven't seen him all day. I thought he was with you." Thank gods for lying lessons.

Katie sighed wearily. "Thanks. If you see your brother, tell him I'm looking for him."

I climbed out when she left. "Katie's looking for you." Connor said immediately. I smacked him on the head. "Shut up, Connor. Would it be too stalker-like if I followed her?"

Connor snorted. "When are you ever not stalker-like when it comes to Katie?"

I glared at him and went after Katie. She was heading to her cabin. Styx. How am I supposed to get in there without her noticing?

I circled around the Demeter cabin searching for open windows. Aha! There's one.

I climbed throught the tight space, wincing as I tried to hold it up so it wouldn't crash on my head. When I finally managed to get in, I found out that I was the only one besides Katie in the cabin.

Breaking yet another rule. Oh, well. It doesn't count for Katie if she doesn't know I'm here.

My girlfriend took a look around the cabin, her eyes skimming over me. I sighed in relief. Katie reached into her drawer and took out a small notebook. On the cover there were words written in Greek.

Katie's Diary. KEEP OUT!

I smiled to myself.

Katie opened it and frowned. "Styx! These pages are almost done. I'm going to have to buy a new one."

A grin spread on my face. Some day I'd have to take a look inside that diary, but for now I had the perfect present.

~LINE BREAK

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!" We all screamed as Katie walked into the beach. Her mouth gaped and her sister, Miranda, walked down to the party behind her. I saw Connor run up to Miranda and give her a kiss on the cheek, which quickly turned into a make-out session.

"Hey, Katie-kat." I slipped my arm around Katie's shoulders as the party swelled.

"Hey, yourself." she said. She put an arm around my waist, leaning her head on my shoulder. "How'd you manage to plan all this?" she murmured.

"Oh, I'm special. I know how to do stuff like that."

"I've been looking for you all day, you know."

I feigned surprise. "Really?"

"Mmm-hmm. Where were you?"

I shrugged. "Oh, you know. Here and there. BTW... I have an amazing birthday present for you..."

~PRESENT TIME!

Katie finally reached for my gift.

She took off the wrapping paper the old lady way(no offense to anyone who does it like that; namely-my mom), taking it off slowly and carefully.

When she pulled out the diary, she gasped.

The notebook cover was made with real pressed flowers and was a beautiful light blue; Katie's favorite colour.

"I love it, Travis! But, how'd you know if I write in a diary?"

Oops.

There!

Q: What are a pair of twins in Camp Half-Blood?