Chapter Six, Return of the Wolf

"Draco!" Severus snapped trying to pull Draco back from his primal state. "It's just Lupin. I contacted him remember he is the only family member your mate has left. He has every right to be in here as do you more so in fact as Harry is still a minor." He said sternly he was getting sick of the dominance show already. Draco grumbled trying to rein in his vampire but it was difficult with how upset and hurt he knew Harry was. "Fine let him in." Draco grumbled throwing himself down into his recently vacated seat.

Shaking his head at his godson's stubbornness and petulant behaviour Severus went to the door where a aggravated Remus Lupin stood pacing up and down the corridor when he wasn't trying to get into the room. "Lupin." Severus called immediately gathering the werewolfs attention as he span around the wolf close to the surface as Remus's once blue eyes were now a bright amber. "What's happened? What's happened to my godson?" Remus asked frantically trying to see past Severus and into the room eliciting a growl from Draco.

"Who's in there? Why is there a vampire in with my cub Severus?!" Remus growled. Sighing Severus pinched the bridge of his nose he knew this was going to be a long night. "Will you calm down already!" Severus snapped stopping Remus from pushing past him but he did let out a warning growl. Undeterred Severus continued, "Draco is the one in there with Harry he is Potter's dominant mate and was the one to find him and bring me to him." Sighing Remus tried to reign in his wolf with great difficulty as Moony was furious at him for ignoring their cub, he kept telling him it was his fault Harry was so close to death.

Finally managing to gain somewhat control Remus sat in the other remaining chair in the room he'd promised Minerva that he could control himself which is why she left to give him sometime alone with his Godson, that and she said she needed to deal with somethings at Hogwarts. "What happened to him?" He asked heavily, feeling like his breathing was being constricted as he looked at the young man who was like a son to him, not that he'd acted like it since Sirius past. Sirius, James and Lily would be furious and rolling in their graves for how he treated their son. Sirius no doubt would curse him to an inch of his life.

"We don't know the full details." Severus said hesitantly after a moment of pause as he gathered his thoughts. "Much like you, I and every faculty member have neglected Harry failed to see he was suffering and needed help. We've all noticed his rapid decrease in appetite, his lack of interests to spend with his friends, always wanting to be alone and giving up Quidditch though he was made Captain. We've also noticed him being harassed by his peers over the Dark Lord still being alive and we've done nothing.

The only thing that has kept him alive is his magic which is seriously depleted add to that the self harming he's inflicted upon himself and the attack tonight, I'm afraid we can assume that Harry is in a deep depression and wishes to die, which is probably why he did not defend himself later this evening." Severus explained carefully trying to not set off the two volatile creatures in the room. "I regret to say he was attacked by two from my own house who will be dealt with severely. They attacked unmercifully and in cowardice attacking him with two Sectumsempra spells and then leaving him to die as they gloated in the common room to Mr Malfoy, who'd previously warned them to leave him alone as Harry is his submissive. Thankfully Draco and I found him just in time, I healed him to the best of my abilities and brought him here." Severus finished his tale of the nights events slumping exhausted into the other chair in the room, the magical energy he'd used finally catching up with him.