Chapter Two

"As much as I hate to say it Audrey, im gonna have to suspended you for at least three days." The principal said solemnly. Audrey had told her side of the story but without adding anything too suspicious she had no real argument to go by, she had thrown the first punch and she would suffer the consequences. At least Tira would have some pretty ugly bruises that would shut her up for a while.

Audrey slowly walked home after her meeting with the principal, she dreaded entering the front door and facing her father. He would probaby be getting ready for another party or sleeping with some random girl he had just met. she would have to be quiet and pray he wouldn't notice her until he left for the night. Audrey had reached the front door and slid into the dark silent house. She walked through the empty hall and found him in the living room she spun on her heels and headed for her room, he was having vodka shots and had obviously overdone it. Audey was only on the second stair when she heard the phone ring, she cursed under her breath and tried to get up the flight of stairs before he got off the phone. She heard the reciever click and knew it was  over.

"Audrey get your ass down here!" He yelled. lord please spare my soul Audrey prayed as she descended the stairs.

"Yes father?" Audrey asked in the most appropriate tone she could get.

"What is this I hear about you being suspended?!" he demanded. He was angry and drunk which was not a good sign at all. Audrey needed the best explanation she could find so she wouldn't get beaten as hard.

"I...I...I...The fire alarm went off and i was one of the first out of the building, they put the blame on me. I had a choice between a fine or suspension so I chose being suspended to save us some money..." Audrey lied trying her best not to give herself away.

"lying bitch!" In one swift movement he swung his arm back and struck her across the face. "You think I don't know what really happened! you're just as stupid as the woman who created you!' Audrey turned her head back to face him, she knew it was pointless but her blood was boiling with hate and frustration.

"You think I'm the stupid one? You're the man with the criminal record, drinking himself into a depressive state each night. At least I'm not the one who spends all their money on a stupid drug addiction because there to much of a child to go to rehab!" She yelled. He then pushed her into the wall and shook her by the shoulders forcing her head to hit the drywall. Audrey could feel the room spinning around her and screamed for him to stop. He didn't listen and began punching her in the gut and striking her in the face, Audrey could feel his smug grin as her vision grew dark. The last thing she remembrered was the sound of shattering glass and the feeling of blood pooling from her wounds.