Chapter One

Audrey always rose before the sun. She needed the security of knowing that her father was still asleep. The morning birds began to chirp their greetings at each other as she ambled around the kitchen looking for something to eat. She managed to find the box of cereal she had hid in one of the cupboards and sat down to eat. She ate quickly and made sure to leave no traces behind. She rushed up stairs and got dressed quickly brushing her long brown hair at the same time. She threw her toothbrush into one of her drawers after she had finished in the bathroom and made sure her safe was still hidden and locked within the old wooden dresser.

The glow of sunrise added extra warmth to Audrey's dark blue sweater as she pulled her black plaid school bag from its hidding place in the bushes. Audrey looked back at the house after she had crossed the street and began the walk to her bus stop. Looking at the house itself you wouldn't be able to tell that the seven gates of hell where located within the grey brick walls. Her house was not a home.

The bus pulled up and Audrey made her way to an empty seat in the center of the crowded vehicle. She tried to block out the loud chatting of the other students, do they even know what quiet means? Audrey thought to herself. The bus driver had almost picked everyone up and was at the last stop. Three more teens embarked onto the almost full bus. One of the girls shoved Audrey up to the window giving her a rude remark. Audrey heard it but let her eyes focus on the outside of the bus. The other girl joined in on the ridicule, she payed no attention. She wondered why the boy sitting in the seat adjacent to her added nothing to the conversation.

As the bus reached the school parking lot and the weight of the girl pushing her was lifted. Audrey made her way off the bus and walked briskly into the school. She pulled her history book from her locker and walked up to the second floor classroom. She was the first in the class, she didn't have many people to socialize with and wasn't planning on walking up and down the halls until the bell. She looked around the room and moved to the desk in the far back corner, ten minutes passed and the class was full of students and the sounds of a ringing bell. The teacher decided to assign reading instead of doing a lecture and everyone got to work.

she could hear whispers coming from the back of the room and turned towards the sound, four girls sat giggleing in her direction, staring right at her.

"what are you looking at nerd? jealous?" A black haired girl named Tira sneered.

"yea, why dont you sit closer to us it'll make us look way better in comparison you fat ugly nerd"  another gilr added.

"You going top cry? you need your mommy?" Tira mocked.

Audrey narrowed her eyes, there was huge pressure building up in her throat. she was tired of all the drama queens treating her the way they did. She finally had to do something about it. Tira gave her another rude remark before Audrey jumped from her chair and lunged at her. Tira squeaked in suprise as Audrrey tugged at her black hair and punched her repeatedly in the face.

"Not so tough now you spoilled little bitch!" Audrey yelled. a group had gathered around and began cheering as the teacher frantically yelled for them to stop. tiras nose began to bleed when the other teachers had entered the room wondering what was going on. more screams began making Audrey lose her focus and giving Tira an oppurtunityn to punch. Three teachers jumped in and pulled both girls off of each other.

"Office now!" The history teacher yelled before they where both hauled out of the room.