Chapter Three: I'm Here, Bitches!

>>>>>Teddy<<<<<

Chapter Three

E.V.'s POV-

I don't know how long I've been awake, but it's been a long time. I love hunting. It's the only reason my father trained me, but I also was training in self-defense. Blade may be good with swords, but I am better since it's my only weapon I know how to use, not counting. In panther form, I kill as a wild cat.

In human form, if I need to kill or protect myself, I can't just stand there. So, I know how to fight just as well as my brothers, but using my lighter body to my advantage. I also love shifting mid-fight.

My brothers and I all wear black leotards so that when we shift, we still have some kind of clothing on when we shift back into human form. However, while they have to wear a full body suit that looks more like a swimsuit since it had connected boots, my leotard is more like a bathing suit. Well, actually, I think it is. It's black, like theirs. It covers my front half and my butt, but it backless.

When we go hunting, I have a belt with a gun holster on my right hip, and a sword sheath on my left hip so I can shoot with my left hand and use my sword with my right

When we go hunting, I have a belt with a gun holster on my right hip, and a sword sheath on my left hip so I can shoot with my left hand and use my sword with my right. There are always perks to being ambidextrous.

The leotard is the one thing my brothers hate about my hunting outfit. Their happy that I can move freely in it and that I am a better fighter. They are also happy that my legs are covered by black boots, heeled, that end at my mid-thigh.

"Hey, E.V.?" a voice calls into my room, bringing me out of my thoughts. It's Teddy.

"Yeah?"

"Oh, good. You're awake. Ma wants you up so you can practice your fighting with Pa."

"Alright. Thank you." I say and swing my legs over the side of my bed. Teddy smiles at me and closes my door so I can get in some training clothes. For me, that means a sports bra, running shorts, and some tennis shoes. I walk to my closet and pull a black and dark grey sports bra with matching shorts out before also grabbing some black Nike's tennis shoes. All black.

After that, I pull my hair back in a tight ponytail. Now ready, I jog out of my room, down the first-floor staircase, through the foyer and through the house until I finally reached the doors to the patio. I then push open the doors and close them a bit harshly. My father waits for me on a plot of land, he put that rubbery-squishy stuff you sometimes see as the flooring at playgrounds, where he does the hand to hand fighting training.

Even though my mother and father are nearing their mid-fifties, both still look young enough to be in their 30's.

My father smiles. "You ready, Everliegh Vanessa?"

"As I'll ever be," I wink at him. He laughs. I step foot on the rubbery stuff, and we both get into a fighting stance. I push my left foot back and hold my hands up in front of my face. My father picks up a dagger from a box on the grass.