Chapter Six: Chocolate Apocalypse

>>>>>>Sonny<<<<<<

Chapter Six

E.V.'s POV-

"I think I'll...go. I'll go. And if fate was incorrect, I'll come back home." I say with a sigh. I really wasn't going to deny it, when I held the barrel of my Black Star Type 54 pistol to Zayden's throat, I felt terrible. But like times before when I went up against his warriors, I had to make a point that I was dangerous.

And again, I'm not going to lie. To keep my calm facade was hard when for some reason, Clarice felt the urge to just run forwards and throw herself into Zayden's arms. She was confused by this, too. But, hey, it's not like you wouldn't either. Zayden has black hair, blue eyes, and a well-tanned skin. It's just, a perfect tan for his complexion. He's got small dimples, and I can see now how muscular through Leon's shirt which is a bit too small on him.

So who wouldn't want to jump in his arms and be claimed as his? Well, me actually. I've seen werewolves find their mates before. Usually, the run forwards, stare at each other with way too much love. I can practically see the cheesy anime flowers and hearts around them. Then, someone looks at them, and the boy goes all protective and yells, "MINE!" making the girl laugh.

Yeah, no. I'm not a possession and I am most definitely not going to be treated like that. It's exactly why I carry my gun around at all times. And why I wear my gun and holster at all times. If a guy doesn't get the hint, place a hand on my gun and click the safety so that the guy knows I am not afraid to shoot him. Plus, I have a permit.

Anyway, back to the story.

"E.V.!" Blade yells out in shock.

"What!" I yelp with wide eyes.

"You're supposed to break his heart! Your brother and I raised you better than this!"

I relax before taking one step forwards. Then stepping around him and reaching into a mini fridge hidden in a compartment under the TV where we keep desert stuff for when we have marathon nights. I pull out a bottle of chocolate sauce, and then Blade dashes out of the room with me close on his tail.

He tries to lock the door to one of the guest bedrooms, but I slam my foot into the door, breaking the lock. He tries running to the bathroom and locking that door, but I break that lock, too.

I then corner him in the shower and cover him in chocolate sauce. He covers his eyes so that he doesn't get anything in his eyes. I do manage to get some up his nose, and in his mouth. Maybe even in his combat boots and pants.

When the bottle is empty I leave.

I walk back into the lounge where my family, Zayden, and his friends stare at me with wide eyes. I toss the bottle to Teddy who catches it and looks scared. "We're going to need another bottle of chocolate sauce." Blade says, walking in with his whole front covered in milk chocolatey goodness.

"No!" my mother yells. "Go shower!" and she points upstairs.

"Oh yeah, the guest room and guest bathroom are going to need new locks," I say while once again examining my silver fingernails. I chipped one and I just painted them two days ago.

My father groans. "E.V...."

"What?!" I groan back. "He had it coming to him!" I defend my actions.

When I glance at Zayden and his friends, whom I haven't learned the names of yet, I find them already looking at me. His friends are looking at me with amusement. But Zayden is looking at me with such intensity and pride and admiration, that I have to look away. Why? I'm blushing like crazy and need to hide my face from both him, his friends, and my family.

"Okay, no!" Leon says, pushing me behind him. "No mental PDA in my house!"

"My house, kid. Get the facts straight." my father glares at Leon. "But I actually do agree with my son. Please avoid doing things that should make my daughter, my only daughter, act in a manner that none of us have ever seen before. It's just strange." my father says, narrowing his eyes at my still strawberry-colored cheeks.

My mother laughs. "I find it relieving. She hasn't done that since her brother's brought home a few years ago and they pranked her by dying her hair pink."

Zayden laughs as I throw my phone at my mom, which she thankfully catches and tosses back to me.

"It's not even the slightest relieving! She's acting like a girl!" Racer says, throwing his hands in the air. My mother rolls her eyes and quickly pulls me from my brothers' grasp. "Well, I'm going to help her get a bag packed. We still don't know if this is permanent, so we won't pack everything," she says before dragging me upstairs.

Two hours later, making it close to 11 PM, and I finally have a suit case filled with everything I want and need in it. Surprisingly, Zayden and his friends - who I now know are Nolan, Boomer, and Boomer's brother Amos - left. However, they sent four girls back to befriend me and make my transfer into a pack easier.

The girls - Paige, Esmerelda, Jaycee, and Aubrey - are currently downstairs with my mother and father. By brothers were banished to their rooms. I sigh.

I'm going to miss them. I never planned on leaving home unless I fell in love since that's really what happens with female werepanthers.

I take my suitcase and phone in seperate hands before walked downstairs. I leave the suitcase by the front door and walk into the kitchen where my parents sit with a red headed Aubrey, a brunette Paige, a blond Jaycee, and a black haired Esmerelda. The girls turn to me and smile. "Ready?" Jaycee asks.

"As I'll ever be." I say with a heavy sigh.

Esmerelda places a hand on my shoulder. "You should feel pleased. Paige and I are human, which means we had no idea what werewolves were! Nolan and Boomer kidnapped us with the help of Amos, Ryland whom you haven't met yet, and Zayden."

"Whoa, really?" I ask in anger. My mate assisted in the kidnapping of two women?

"Yeah, but calm yourself, Kitty." Aubrey says, using her nickname she's been using since introducing herself to me. "He was really only doing it because he was amused that Paige and Esmerelda had the guts to knee both Nolan and Boomer where the sun don't shine before slamming a door in their faces and managed to outrun them for six miles before they caught up."

"Six miles?" I turn to Paige. She smirks. "Esmerelda and I were freshout of high school. We had been training for a mararthon since we knew we wouldn't be able to do track and field anymore, which was our sport."

"Ah," I say, understanding. My parents step forward. My mother gives me a tight hug. "See you soon, my dear," she whispers in my ear. She knows I won't be able to survive being in a pack without visiting her and my brothers. Also, my father who hugs me just as tight. "I love you, darling, please be good and do whatever you think is right. Trust your gut and Clarice."

"I will." I smile sadly at him. He kisses my forehead before letting the girls and I walk outside and to my car - a red Chevrolet Corvette - there, I allow Esmerelda to slide into the passenger seat and I start the engine. Pulling out of the driveway, I glance in the rearview mirror but regret it. I see my mother crying into my father's chest.

And a tear falling down Leon's cheek.