Chapter 3. ~ How you doing ;) ~

It's been a week since I left, and let me tell you I'm tired, hungry, thirsty, and I miss the boys.

I know I did this to protect them, but I wish I could protect them in a different way, I mean, I laughed more that day than in 5 months, no kidding.

Right now I'm in Washington. And my plan is to buy a ticket for the first flight available. And when I get there I'll go to the nearest forest, and live there till I find a job. Because my savings are enough for a plane ticket, I know you're wondering how I got the money, well I always had the thought of escaping so I worked as a vet assistant, saved money and I always carry my debit card. I found it on a bag that had all my stuff. I guess my escape didn't go as planned, but hey, I'm free, aren't I???.

I passed thru all the things at the airport with a few curious glances because, hey, you don't see a girl with no luggage at a waiting room in an airport, right???.

Returning to the present, I went to gate 12 and got in, when I got in I plugged my earphones ( they were in the bag with my belongings), and fell asleep. I felt a poke on my cheek but I just ignored it but then I felt it again and this time I was ready to pounce on whoever decided to wake me up, that was a huge mistake, I hate being waken up, I probably look like a grizzly right now but I didn't care, I looked around trying to see who would be the lucky one to face death today. I saw a guy that looked probably 20 give or take. I admit he is handsome, ginger and green eyes, nice,  I've always wanted to be a ginger but my genes weren't on my side since I got raven black hair. But I think I over stared at the guy because he was smirking, oh no, what did he said.

" Excuse me what?" I said trying not to sound more stupid.

" I said how you doing" he said giving me a wink kinda like Joey from FRIENDS, I like that show." nahhh, just kidding, I said, what brings you to Ireland??" he said.

I wonder how his wolf is ( I can smell he is a were)... Ariadne focus!!!

" I'm... wait, did you just said Ireland ?! !?! " I said kinda shocked that I was going so far away.

" You look kinda shocked."

" It's just that I'm shocked, i just bought the ticket to the next flight, I guess I should've checked where the plane was going" I said rambling a little.

" That makes us two" he said scratching his neck.

" You ran away too?!?!?"

" Kinda, my pack tried to mate me to someone that isn't my mate" he said with a sad/angry expression.

" WHAT!?!?!?" I yelled earning a few irritating glances from other passengers but I ignored them. " Don't they know about something called werewolf law!!?!???, they could be punished by the council!!!"

I mean, there's a law that there is absolutely forbidden to mate werewolves with someone who isn't their mate, and that's because a long time ago they used to do that and the babies were either dead at birth, she couldn't get pregnant, and in the best of cases, the kids will live without a wolf. Even if her/his parents were pure wolves ( a story for another day). It was really sad. So the council forbade it, because the moon goddess thought of it as a disrespect because it was like saying ' you did a bad choice with my mate', so they created that law.

" I know, but they were looking for power and they thought it would be a great idea to pair me with someone of other pack, to 'strengthen the bond, I'm the second son of the beta, and I was chosen because my big bro and soon-to-be- alpha already had their mates. Lucky me huh"

" That's awful, mine is as complicated as yours..." And that my friends is how I trusted my life to a stranger I just met on a plane. I figured out his name was Joey... Oh the irony of life.