Chapter Four - Asshole

Fuck. That was the only thing I said to myself in the morning. I couldn't sleep all night. I was thinking about my decision. I swear I almost died from anxiety. What would be worse than me dying there? Nothing. Oh, great!

   I got to the building 20 minutes before the meeting started. I made it to my table in the biggest open-space ever. I was kind of boss of this office, so I had the biggest table at the end of the room. There was already a lot of people trying to finally wake up and start working on their projects. I smiled. This place felt like home to me. I sat down in my faux-leather armchair and spied the world outside from my window. I wanted to see clearly, so I had to remove the begonia placed on my cold radiator. I just leaned little bit more to see bigger part of the street below me, when my favourite photo that I put on my table fell down. I picked it up. We took this picture at our last holiday in Florida with Daniel. All of us were smiling. I caugh myself blinking tears away. You see it Daniel? I hope you won't haunt me after what I've done.

   An alarm on my phone rang and I had to go to Dunhill's office. I wasn't the first person there. Actually, I was the last one who arrived. There was much more people than I expected. I expected to see Mr. Dunhill, Will, few editors and another four persons that I already know. But actually, there were almost fifteen humans. What the hell are they doing here?

"Finally" whispered angrily the blondest and dumbest creature ever. Shit. No no no no no. This can't be real. Tiffany. I'm not gonna survive it, I swear. Not with her. He said he wouldn't invite her! Why sould he do it? Just one reason? Oh, I have it! Every straigh man loves silicone boobs. Literally every man.

"Sorry for being late, excuse me please Mr. Dunhill" I apologized and faked happy smile at Tiffany.

   I had weird feeling about it. I knew Sashi, Kyle, Jeffree, Olivia, Tiffany, few editors and Will, of course, but I didn't recognize other faces. Two other people stayed unknown for me.

"Well, welcome in your 'GF' team. You see Mr. and Mrs. Fox, I suppose you know them he waved his hand at Olivia, who was giggling at somethig that her husband Jeffree said. They are together since highschool and they seem to me like the cutest couple. I can't imagine Olivia without Jeffree or Jeffree without Olivia. They are both the same age as me, Jeffree is turning 30 next month. Their wedding was pretty big deal here, they invited all of us and that after party stays in our memories forever.

"Then Miss Sashi Gonzales with Mister Kyle Ford and Miss Tiffany Bond, you met them all here. Actually, there are only two more people that you don't know. Miss Weshley Coin and Mister Logan Black. That's your team" he smiled proudly. By the time Weshley winked at me and stood up.

"I'm Weshley. Call me whatever you want. I work in LA News, so that's it. I'm 25 and I have three months old baby, so it's gonna be critical for you with my mother-instincts" she laughed and sat back down. She tapped at blue-eyes boy's shoulder and he stood up too. He seemed extremely tall and muscular to me, like all the fuckboys in 90's TV shows.

"Hey everybody, I'm Logan. Turning 29 in September. I work in Washington for CNN, but no big deal. I graduated with Weshley, because I somehow managed to travel and started my university a little bit later. Actually, if you wanna gossip, I know everything about her. Watch your back, Wesh" she slapped him in his back. They seemed really friendly to me.

"Well, that's you team. Now you should meet your cameras and editors. Miss Ava Franklin, Miss Heidi Tennant, Mister Jonathan Franklin and Mister Mark Carter. The best I could find for you" he smiled proudly and they all greeted us with smiles.

"Jonathan will be something like your leader. He has everything under control and he knows everything. He is prepared for you. Jon, do you want to start?" he asked and sat down next to us.
"Hello to everyone here. My name is Jonathan, obviously, I'm 30 and I do cameras and everything about editing. Mr. Dunhill called me your leader, but I don't feel it this way. I just know our way and what we will do all the time. That's it. Here," he picked up one of his USBs, "I have an USB for each one of you. There is everythin you need to know. Summary of our budget, our time plan, everything. So just look at it today and tommorow we will talk about things you didn't understand enough. Is everything clear for you?" He politely asked. I mean, did he even say something important to us? Nope. He just gave me USB to study and that's the end of our story. Wow, great job Jonathan.