Chapter Three - The Truth

"Will?" I almost whispered as I knocked on the door of his office. He sat there, in his armchair, trying to turn on his old laptop.

"You should get a new one, you know?" I smiled and steped in.

"Hello darling, how was your morning?" He asked me politely. To be honest, I had to think about it. Ashley didn't want to eat her breakfast, so I had to force her to eat it. After she ate it and we were already running late, my car had a bird poo on its front glass, which made me go crazy. And then, Ashley didn't want to stay in kindergarten, because she wanted to watch TV.

"Great, thank you" I lied to him. If I said it was terrible, he would offer me so much help which I don't want.

"So, why are you here, darling? Did someone change his mind?" He laughed at me. I grinned and he immediately stopped. I didn't mean it like that, but never mind.

"I didn't change my mind. But I want more information. And also, I want to know how much money I'll get" I said knowing he won't tell me.

"Well, darling, you changed your mind! That's amazing! Come sit down right here and I'll tell you everythin you wanna know" he pointed to the chair  behind the table.

  I sat down and tried to convience myself to not kill him. I hate the word 'darling' and I'm freaking out when he calls me that. I think that he uses this word because he knows that Daniel called me that. But it was much prettier with his english accent, with Will's New York accent it sounds annoying.

"So, I already have a plan. Me, you, Sashi, Kyle, Jeffree and Olivia will be the main stars. Then we'll have some cameras there, so I invited Ava, Heidi, Mark and Jonathan. I wanted you, but if you're not interested, I can invite Tiffany or Zoey" he winked at me.  He exactly know what he's doing. Tiffany is the blondest and the dumbest person I know. You have neved ever seen something so pink. I hate her more than anything. So I don't want her to get more popular, even tho she wants to be like Oprah or somebody else who is  well-known. But it didn't work out for her yet. And Zoey? She is probably the nicest person I know and I don't want her to get hurt there. And also, she has four little kids and there are gossips that she's expecting another one, so no. No, I won't let her go to the Great Forest.

"It's okay, continue, darling" I said with the same tone as he did when I came here. I love being ironic. I could see him blushing, which was both cute and awkard at one.

"So we'll start in Miami, where I planned a week of relax for us. You can take Ashley there, too. I already reserved Trinity Hotel for us. Then, after we are all relaxed, we have a helicopter that will take us to Fontaine Village. Did you hear about it?" He asked with passion and I nodded. Fontaine Village is almost 10 kilometres into the Great Forest. It's called Fonaine Village because it's something like fontaine of life. It's the only place where people live. When you are hurt or when you need help, you should firstly find this village. They have everything here, even a hospital. By hospital, I mean a small house with one doctor, but it's enough to save a life.

"From there, we'll drive to Main Trail, but we will turn left after 5 hours, which means we'll get to the district 9. There we will spend our night. The next day, we'll try to get to the district 8, which means all day spent in car. I don't think that it will be the best option, so we'll try to make it more interesting by trying to kill bear or something like that" he laughed and I started shaking little bit. I don't like this whole idea, but I can't help myself. I would love to try it, but I don't want to admit that his idea is genial. I mean, it wasn't that clever, but when you need more views, it becomes  interesting for both sides.

"Money. I came here to talk about money" I said strictly. I don't care about money, but also I don't want him to feel like I want to be here.

"So, I talked to Gilbert and, wait for it, he said that one viewer means 0.20 dollars for each of us. I'm not even kidding. It's so amazing. You have to admit that this will surely show us our level. We will see how great show we can make" he was so excited it almost made me feel nervous.

"Okay. And how long do I have to be there? For one month or so?" I asked, this time it was a real question. I don't plan spending whole year somewhere in wildness without Ashley or Lucy or my other friends.

"Well, actually it will take us about three months. 45 days to get to the Tower, 45 days to get back. Plus one week spent in Miami. Also, what I forget to mention: we can only drive our car to the district 7. District 8 is full of canyons and valleys and rocks and blah blah blah, watch National Geographic if you want to know more about District 8" he surprised me by his behaviour. There is something about district 8 he doesn't want to tell me.

"What is it? Tell me" I said quietly, but my voice was strong enough. He looked down and then back.

"Okay. I didn't want to tell you. Because I want you to go there with us, you know it. One part of district 8 is still full of radioactive everything. The radiation is probably high. We will spend there about three or five days, so it won't hurt us that much, but we don't know what to expect there. It's like sci-fi. Noone knows what is really happening there" he said and I could see a piece of fear in his eyes, the only expressionI have never seen in his face.

"Oh, okay. So I might see extremely big bears with six eyes or what?" I joked.

"That is the problem. We don't know what to expect. Maybe there is no radiation now. Maybe there are small giraffes and long slugs. We don't fucking know. That's the problem."