7:00 PM

7:00 PM

With a smile, a student opened their phone and sent a message to the group text that had been created merely the night before. Soon enough, all phones buzzed and fingers typed as the students finalized their plan.

All set?

I gots the stuff

Hell yeah!

I am

Lol u made that sound like a drug deal

I still dont wanna be here

Me 2

But Im ready

This is gonna bed great. Glad you let me in on this.

Be*

I cant wait to c the looks on their faces!

Ill cu when we arrive at hell

Wait this is gonna be taped rite?

Yup! Cant fucking wait!

And 2 make it better Principal Lauer will b watchin the tapes the whole time

Hell prob call the cops

Good. We get out early and he can be arrested for cruel and unusual punishment

We need 2 do this more often

Im almost there

Same

See you there

Lets do this!

Damn. I shouldve brought my walkie talkies.

Oh well

~~~~

Principal Lauer sat in his office, waiting for the students to arrive. He had no idea that most already had already arrived and were just busy setting things up.

Finally, the group trickled in one by one.

"Okay," Principal Lauer started once all were present. "It is now 7 pm, and we have already jumped the first hurdle. I'm surprised you all showed. But it is excellent that you did. Now, I will take all phones, laptops, tablets, etc."

Groans and shouts sounded throughout the room.

"This is a sort of bonding experience. Your generation doesn't bond when you have those things present," Principal Lauer explained pulling out a cardboard box.

"What if there's an emergency?" Cristiana asked.

"I didn't explain it all to my parents. I was supposed to call them," Jordan said.

"I have already taken the liberty of emailing your parents and explaining everything. And I will be watching the cameras from a nearby location and will call authorities if anything happens,'' The principal assured them of both.

"Wait," Nani said. "You'll be watching 'from a nearby location'? That doesn't make me feel very safe. What if-"

"That's enough Mrs. Felding. Everyone please," Principal Lauer gestured to the box. The teens dropped stuff in grumbling.

"I didn't bring anything," Mickey told the principal crossing her arms.

"I'll be watching the cameras closely, your vice principal will be helping me as well. If you are seen with a electronic you supposedly don't have, you will be suspended for three weeks."