Chapter 34.

C H A P T E R  3 4.

"Who are you?" Choosy jumped up in horror at the weird version of a human being staring down at her with curiosity. With neatly combed hair and perfect wrinkle less skin - so perfect that it could have been ironed out - he was clearly scary, rather than welcoming, even with the smile-like thing that graced his face.

"I am a Kazdani. My people call me Uan." Choosy stared in disbelief, as his mouth moved in perfect synchronization to get the words out.

"Kazdani? Wait, am I in an asylum?" She jumped down from her bed as the man, Uan, laughed at her - a laugh that was so scary, it couldn't even be a laugh.

The frozen coldness of the floor sent shivers down Choosy's spine and she jumped back up, just as quickly as she had gotten down.

"Its freezing down there," she complained, rubbing her soles vigorously.

The man waited in silence for a second before muttering, "The engines need cooling. They are right below us and the ship is currently at it's maximum speed, so the cold is very explainable."

"Ship? What? Where on earth are we?"

"No, Choosy. We are currently orbiting around Earth, not exactly on it."

"Uh, what? What are you talking about? I am in a spaceship? Where are you taking me? What is a Kazdani even? Why did you kidnap me? Did the IAI send me to you? Are they mad? Are you going to kill me?" 

The man's eyes bulged out, as he tried to process the questions that she was showering him with. 

He didn't know English. Choosy's mind registered and that was when she noticed the little microphone-like-thing that was hidden behind the man's ears. No wonder his voice sounded so mechanical.

"Slow down, please." He requested, his face a mix of fury and confusion. Choosy looked down, only to see that he was standing barefoot on the freezing floor.

"You aren't human, are you?" she questioned him, the realization hitting her like a wave on a calm sea. The doors  opened out as she asked this and a few creatures stepped in. They almost stopped Choosy's heart.

They were unlike anything she had ever seen in her life. They looked nothing like humans, but so like them. The basic body division - head, neck and trunk was visible and was probably the only clear non-contrasting character that they shared with homosapiens. Their heads were sealed with screws and bolts and their skins looked smoothed, pressed and dried out. She passed a quick glance at Uan, who was now standing in his original form, having removed the hat that was hiding the screws on his head. 

They walked robotically and stood before her in a perfect line, not uttering a word, as a little howl of surprise and fear escaped Choosy's mouth.

Following the team of four Kazdanis was another Kazdani who was dressed in long robes and something that looked like a birthday hat, elongated to a two metre length. He had a beard that hung way below his waist and he wore ear rings that managed to touch his shoulders. It was clear he held power and the aura that he reflected, neatened out everything in the room.

"Hello, Ms. Choosy Retreiver," he stated in a low, yet commanding voice.

"I am not getting a thing! Who are you? What am I doing here? And why is your head sealed down with screw drivers?"

A little smile-like-thing spread across his pressed mouth as he said, "Don't worry. I will patiently explain. But before that, if you could answer some of our questions?"