The clean up

Christian's POV

As I was going through e-mails there was a knock on the door.
"Come in."
Taylor's walked in to announce that Grace had arrived.
"Thank you Taylor. Where is Esmeralda?"
"Giving Miss Lyla a bath, Sir."
"Please tell her to get cleaned up and her grandmother has arrived."
With a nod he leaves.
I get up and stretch after been sitting so long. I'm not the young man I used to be. Although I still workout with Claude I can't keep up like I used to.

I meet my mother in the living room and explain what happened to Esme.
"Well doesn't that bring up memories." She looks up at me with fondness in her eyes.
I remember how Elliot and got caught many times and me a few time before I started working for Elena- I shiver I bit at the memory.

Esme walks by covered in mud and wet as a dog.
"Who was giving who a bath, Esme?"
Sticking her tongue out and waving to Grace and she races upstairs to clean up.

Walking over to the sitting room she sees the glum look on my face as my daughter barley acknowledged I was in the room.
"What's wrong, Dear?"
"I just dont know what to do about her. I'm at a loss- Teddy was always truthful and Phoebe never did illegal things like that, yes she would want to go out on dates and would bring them to meet me and let me have a bodyguard to keep an eye out- but Esme...she's irrational, wants to be independent but is still so naive and now she's drinking and sneaking out and trying to sneak back in at 3 a.m!"

She put her hand over mine.
"It's not your fault, Christian. You know it's hard being a parent and every child is different. You can't expect it to be the same with each of them. She's at that age where she wants to feel like a grown up and she wants to do things on her own, even when she was a toddler remember how she wanted to feed herself even though she had trouble holding a spoon. Just give her some space, Dear and when she figures out She can't do it on her own she'll come ask for your help."

I give her a hug.
"Thanks mum. I needed that."

Esme's P.O.V

On my way down I eavesdrop on what nana and dad are talking about.

"Just give her space..."

Thank you Nana. She always knows what to say to help me get out of trouble and let dad see it from my perspective and understand considering he'll never listen to me.

Coming up from behind I give Nana a backwards hug.
"Hey Nana!"
"Oh, sweetheart! Hello. And how are we this afternoon?"

"You tell me." I walk around to stand in front of her, so she can examine my face.

"Oh good gracious deary. What on heaven's earth happened to you?"

I giggle at her expression.
"This is not a laughing matter, Esmeralda."

I shoot my dad a scowl and sit down next to Nana.
"It was raining and I fell from Jason's bike."

After Nana reassured my dad that I didn't need to be send to the hospital for skin graphs, cleaned it and told me how to keep it cleans I it wouldn't get infected she shooed my dad away to talk to me in private.

"So tell me what has been going on in your life, Missy."

I look down guilty. She knows what I've been up to. Dad surely told her.

"You already know what's up nana- so why ask?"

She pulls me down so my head rests on her shoulder.

"You know your dad, Uncle and aunt used to do the same thing you used to. Its not so bad wanting to go out and experience all these things but you should know I used to feel the same thing your dad is feeling right now. That worry and anxiety. It takes a toll on you. So cut him some slack okay?"

"Yeah, I get it. But you and Pop's where never this strict with them. You gave them some room to grow... Dad never gives me any space and now he's reinstating the body guard rule! Like are you kidding me! I have enough trouble as it is fitting in and being compared to Teddy and Phoebe all the time. Now I'm gonna have this big hulking brute following me around all day."

I walked over to the window, letting the sunshine warm my cold skin.

Nana came behind me and put her hands on my shoulder.
"Let's see if I can help with that." She grinned with a mischievous glint in her eye.

"What are you gonna do?"

She didn't say anything as she left the room. I didn't follow her, I would just get in the way of the plan she had already concocted.

Ana's POV

As I walked down from the bedroom I notice my doting husband leaning up against the corner of the wall leading to the lounge.

"Christian, what are you doing?"

He jumped slightly and put a hand over my mouth to shush me.

"im trying to hear what Esme is telling Grace..."

I giggled a small bit as he took his finger of my mouth. I nodded and proceeded to listen in with him.

"... I'm gonna have this big hulking brute following me.."

I look up at Christian. His eyes cast downwards. He never wanted to have someone following her around from the start but he just didn't know what to do at this point. I lead him out from his corner and walked to out office. He collapsed onto the soft couch and I cuddled up next to him.

"I know she'll hate it but she needs some consequences if she's gonna disobey the rules." I tried to comfort him.

"But she probably thinks I've been waiting for an opportunity to have someone on top of her all day..."
He leaned forward and put his head in his hands.
"God that sounds wrong but you know what I mean.." I giggled and he chuckled along with me.

"When she learns to follow the rules she won't have a bodyguard anymore. She doesn't know that so she'll know she's not acting good just to get rid of him."

He put his arms around me.
"Alright. I'm glad I got a wife as great as you."
I smiled up at him. "I know. "

I gave him a peck on the lips. He turned it into a full fledged kiss.

"You know they might be talking for a while and everyone else is out of the house..." He leaned over to get the remote of his desk to shut of the cameras.

I started pulling up his shirt to undo the buckle of his belt, showing him I understood what he meant. He grinned at me and started kissing down my neck.
He shimmied the skirt of my dress up as straddled him. He kissed me hard and slipped his tongue in my mouth as I grind down on his pants. He let out a growl and he moved his hands down to push down his pants.

A sudden knock at the door and turning of the handle made Christian put me of him and he quickly did up his belt.

"Christian..?" Came his mum's voice as she looked around the door to see us on the couch.

Christian leaned forward and wiped his mouth, looking away in annoyance. I had put both my legs across him so she wouldn't notice the bulge in his jeans.

"Yes, mother." I smacked him on the arm for using that tone with her. He looked at me as to say :" What?  She nearly walked in on us"   I gave the same look back to say:"she's your mother. "
He rolled his eyes and ask his mother:" are you on your way out?"

"No, I just needed to talk to you about Esme's punishment. You know Christian she's just a teenager and she already feels out of place as your daughter, adding a bodyguard to the equation just isn't the right thing for her."

"And what do you suggest I do now, mum. This is her 5th infringement and so far normal grounding methods just havnt worked." He got up and walked over to Grace.

With a small smile he looked down and said:" don't worry its only temporary until she learns to behave and then he'll be gone. I just don't want her to know so she acts good for the sake of him leaving."

"I knew I raised a smart boy" gently slapping his cheek.

Grace left, on the way telling Esme she couldn't change his mind. She ran off into her room afterwards.