ch 1 | never let me go

I looked out of the window of the car which drove me to London. It had been such a weird year last year that I didn’t want to go to school now. My mum died last year, so I didn’t have home school anymore. This was my first time I was going to a public school. My dad was heartbroken when my mum died, I couldn’t imagine two people who were more in love than my parents were with each other. My dad was working fulltime at the ministry, so he wouldn’t have to think about my mum. And I? I was traveling to the biggest school for witchcraft and wizardry: Hogwarts.

‘’Are you alright, Rose?’’ asked my dad (who was sitting next to me in the taxi.)

‘’I’m fine, just a little nervous.’’ I answered

‘’everything is going to be alright, trust me. It’s a good school for education for wizards like you.’’

‘’I know, it’s just that I’m afraid what other people are going to say about me.’’

‘’they’re going to say that you’re an amazing person with a bright personality.’’

‘’thanks dad,’’ I answered at last when the taxi arrived at King’s Cross station.

My dad and I stepped out, I got my stuff out of the car while my dad was already walking away. I yelled at my dad, so he had to walk back and help me with my suitcase.

‘’don’t you need to pay the driver?’’ I asked.

‘’why would I do that?’’ my dad responded.

‘’muggles pay for those rides.’’ I said.

‘’that’s ridiculous, and besides, we’re not muggles.’’

‘’yeah, but he doesn’t know that.’’ I said.

‘’well okay then,’’

My dad walked over to the driver and gave him one galleon. The driver looked from the coin to my dad, who again, already walked away without saying anything. I quickly gone after him and had to walk really fast to keep up, the luggage I was taking with me was really heavy, but my dad didn’t seem to notice at all. We walked towards the platform between nine and ten and I was wondering where my dad was going to until he vanished in a wall. I looked at the people around me, didn’t they notice that? I decided to walk towards the wall like my dad did and luckily enough I got through. It felt weird though, like you were going through water only you didn’t get wet.

I looked around me, there was an amazing platform with a really big train and hundreds of people who were, like me, also going to Hogwarts. My dad was waiting for me and took my luggage as soon as met him. He walked away with my luggage and dropped it on a high pile with all sorts of suitcases. I was lucky enough to have my name on it, so I could easily find it between all the others.

I looked at the clock, which was hanging high at the wall. It was ten till eleven, so I had only ten minutes left to say goodbye and get on the train.

‘’I think I’m going to get in, now.’’ I said to my dad.

‘’well, than I’m going to say goodbye to my little girl.’’ He said to me.

I gave him a kiss and we said goodbye, then I walked over to the train and got in.  I walked through the train looking for an empty cabin. As soon as I found one I got in and took a seat.

I enjoyed my ride in the train, it was the first time I traveled by train. My cabin was opening and there a girl who came in.

‘’why are you in here?’’ she snapped at me.

‘’excuse me?’’ I asked in disbelief.

‘’I said…’’ the girl began but stopped talking because there was a boy walking in as well. The boy had really blonde hair and gray eyes. The boy examined me from head to toe. I felt uncomfortable when he was looking at me.

‘’who are you and what are you doing in our cabin?’’

‘’I’m Rose DiLaurentis and why is this your cabin?’’

‘’You don’t know who I am, do you?’’ he asked to me.

‘’no, and right now, I don’t give a damn who you are to have a cabin on your own.’’ I snapped back at him.

I was really angry and I was even getting angrier when more people of my age were walking in. I left without saying a word and walked away looking for another place to sit during the journey.