Part 11

" Is he going to be okay?" was all that was going through Lucy's mind. When Happy carried him out of the monster's arm she was almost overjoyed, except for the fact that he was unconscious ,his clothes were mostly singed off and knowing him, a few if not many, bones were broken. But by the looks of it his injuries were much worse internally. "What did that idiot do in there?" she thought to herself.
  She was thinking about what happened to Natsu inside the monster so much that she didn't see a huge magical sphere of space heading her way. Before she could even think about how she would escape, it crashed into her.
Apart from the bone shattering pain she felt, she could almost feel it burning into her skin. Lucy screamed. The pain was searing and crushing all parts of her. She could feel and even hear her skin being singed and her arm, which she used to defend herself was now limp and swelling with pain. And it didn't stop. The magical sphere was still on her and kept digging its way into her body. It was so painful. And yet, for some reason a part of her brain, the only part which wasn't screaming with pure agony was trying to work out why this sphere felt so hot. Wasn't space supposed to feel cold? She just couldn't understand it.
  And then she could feel it no more. Just the remains of it on her body. She looked up and saw Gray and Juvia each stretching an arm out to her. "Are you okay?" asked Juvia. Lucy replied, " That searing pain on my side is gone, though I can't feel my arm anymore."
Gray looked at her and said," Well, you look like hell. Are you sure you're okay?"
  "Yeah but, Juvia can you heal the burns with some water? Wendy is a little busy now." Lucy asked turning towards Juvia
  "Sure Lucy. Here you go." as cool water crept up her arms and shoulders and blocked out the pain for now.
  "Be more careful Lucy. You weren't really defending yourself when that thing hit you. And now we're so close to beating it.." Gray said.
"I know Gray. I'm sorry. I'll give it my all from here on out." Lucy said as she picked up her etoile whip from the ground with her good arm. " I hope you're okay Natsu, but I'm sorry I can't spend time thinking about you now. I'll think about you after we win this fight" Lucy said to herself.
But she knew she was kidding herself. She couldn't believe it. She had fallen in love with Natsu Dragneel.