Chapter 5

*guilty laugh* (it's been nine months) so here we go~ Chapter 5 (aka 4.5) because I need to get back into writing this.

-----

"I can't believe-" Lyra started, flopping onto the cave floor with a sigh "-that you wiped the floor with me."

"...You--"

"Took out five of your pokemon, I know!" She groaned, and I rolled my eyes. I tried to talk for once, and she interrupted. Typical.

The only reason she had lost in the first place is that my venusaur gave Felicity poison damage, and she'd run out of healing items part way through the battle. Snorlax was nearly down, too.

"I was so sure I had you!" Lyra continued to complain, face down in the dirt. I didn't bother helping her up, knowing how stubborn she was. "But I didn't pack more revives! I knew I should'a gotten them!" She rolled over, eyes locking onto me "you wouldn't happen to have any, would'ya? Skylar's my only way of this rock."

I hauled my backpack off my shoulder, dumping it next to her as a sign to go through my supplies. Lyra sat up, unzipping the bag to begin her search.

"Anyways, how many circuits have I done now?" she asked casually, pulling out my stock of pokeballs and setting them to the side. "I lost count."

I shrugged, sitting down beside her.

"Yeah, yeah, I have no idea why I'm asking you about it." She tugged on a piece of fabric, bringing it out by the sleeve. "Oh my Mew, Red! You do have a jacket!"

I grinned sheepishly, feeling the tips of my ears turn red.

-----

Soooooo imma make short bits like this to get up to date...... u okay with that? Because honestly it is 2am and it took me several hours to write about 250 words. Granted, most of that was procrastinating and kerfuffling, but still!

Let's see if I manage another part in a week. If not, try for a month. If I miss that, spam me with comments/messages. I'll notice :P

-- skarmoree (yeah, there was a username change somewhere in there)