The Birthday Boy

Six months later, Sherlock's birthday: January 6th.

Molly comes home from Bart's after a long day. Sherlock is on his computer, busily typing. She sneaks her arms gently around his neck and grins. "Hello, my birthday boy." 

Sherlock pouts. "Mhh.."

"What's wrong??"

"I'm 23 that's what. I'm getting old."

Molly laughs her sweet, contagious laugh. "Sherlock if you think you're old, now wait until we're sixty!"

Sherlock turns to her and smirks. "So you assume we will be together at sixty. Hmm..right. I assumed as much as well."

Molly blushes profusely and smiles shyly. "Well...I just meant...like..."

"Ah ah. Save your voice darling, I understand and I feel the same way. Don't worry about that alright?" he kisses her softly on the nose.

Molly grins. "I've got you a present!"

"Oh? Love, you didn't have to do that. I don't like you wasting your money on me."

"Sherlock you are my boyfriend and my best friend. Don't be ridiculous, of course I got you something. I wasn't quite sure what you would like, so please if you don't like it return it for something you do like. That would make me happier than if you faked it. Okay?"

"Understood love." He smiles softly and gets up, sitting on the sofa.

Molly goes to the closet and giggles, pulling out a large gift, shoddily wrapped in pink wrapping paper decorated in cats.

Sherlock looks "Oh dear God..."

Molly continues to giggle and she hands it to him. He looks around it and feels that it isn't something solid. He smells it and gazes at it.

"Oh for God's sake Sherlock just open it! I saved for a bit to get it for you, but I wanted to so I don't want any nonsense about it being too much" exclaims and sticks her tongue out.

He smirks. "Fine, fine, fine. But I know it's clothes of some sort."

"Open ittttt" Molly whines.

He laughs softly and tears through the wrapping paper, pulling out a large, textured, navy Belstaff. He gasps softly and slips it on. He examines it and feels the warm, soft lining against him.

"Molly I love it. I really do. I absolutely love it. Wow...thank you so much."

Molly beams and hugs him tight. Sherlock smiles and wraps her smaller body within the large coat and against him.

"Mmm. I'm so glad you like it. I don't know, it just had some sort of appeal that screamed "Sherlock"."

He chuckles. "Well, I guess you know me better than I know myself then."

Sherlock gently leans down and kisses her.

A few hours later they get dressed in nice clothes and go to a restaurant, Sherlock clad in his brand new coat. A gift in which he will treasure for years to come.