ch. 6

He looks so damn cute right now.. Wait, no. Hot. I feel my cheeks flush as he studies my face adn chuckles a bit and walks around me to get inside. I shut the door behind him and silently curse at myself for being so stupid. 

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie or something?" As Hunter asks me this he smiles at me. God. His smile is so gorgeous. 

"Y-yeah sure. Sounds like fun," Why the hell is he making me blush and stumble over my words?! He then walks over to our movie selection and picks out "The Boogeyman." That movie honestly scared the shit out of me. Horror movies scare me so much and give me nightmares, but I still loved them. He then puts the movie in the dvd player as I grab us some sodas to drink and I sit down beside him on the couch. As the movie continues, we get closer and closer until I am so scared that I end up clutching his shirt with one hand and teh other is squeezing his hand so tight that my knuckles are white. 

I look at the screen and see the Boogeyman take somebody, and I hide my face in his chest. Hunter chuckles at me and I can feel the vibrations through his chest. 

"What the hell is so funny, Hunter? He is gonna come find me and take me into the closet or something like that and I'll just die while you sit there laughing your damn ass off." I cross my arms, but make sure I'm not facing the tv.

"Nothing, it's just that you put up this big front so people are afraid of you, but really you're just a normal beautiful girl with a damn cute smile on her face right now even though you're trying really hard to be mad at me. You can't, I'm just that amazing, right?" god, he was so full of himself, but I can't help but smile and I bite my lip.

"I really enjoyed you coming over. It made me forget about a lot of shit that's been going on today. Thanks, Hunter. uh.. You should totally, uhm, like come over again. Uh, I mean if you, if you want to. I mean-"

I was then cut off. By Hunter's lips crashing onto mine. At first, caught off guard by his sudden actions, I freeze up and I just stare at him unsure what to do. But then, my mind forgets all thoughts and my lips control me. I slowly close my eyes, my lips moving slowly along with his. I feel him smile and we both gently back away from the kis and lean our foreheads together. Then, I feel him furrow his eyebrows and suddenly jolt up off the couch.

"Wow.. I,, I'm sorry. I know you're having a rough time. I'm so sorry," he runs his hand through his hair making it a slight mess, "I shouldn't have done that, Grace. I'm so sorry." I have never seen Hunter like this before, adn we ahve been best friends for about 5 years now. What is up with him? It was just a kiss.. An amazing kiss that has left me with millions of butterflies stabbing at my stomach.

"No, no stop it. He would want me to move on. I can't keep feeling sorry for myself for the rest of my life and never let anybody in. I won't let that happen. I've been doing that since he.. he died.  But, I know he would would only want me to be happy, no matter who I'm with." I bite my lip and look at him to wee his reaction. He sits back down and pulls me onto his chest and kisses me gently and says, "I'm sorry, I got scared you would hate me now. I just.. You've been on my mind since we first met and you are just so beautiful. I love those lips of yours by the way... You're just amazing and I hated seeing you so sad.. I hope that I can make you happy again, Grace. Nobody deserves to spend the rest of their life sad and alone."