Chapter 3: The Call

I back away and answer it. "Hello." "Jameson! Hey!" Connor! "Connor! Hey! How are you? Did you make it in okay?" I ask. "Yeah! I'm fine, you dummy." I smile softly, "yeah... Good... I miss you." "I miss you too. But... Jameson..." "Hmm? What's up." "I need you to forget about me."

...Huh?

"What are you talking about... How could I forget you?" I say. "Well... I might not come back..." "Then I'll come and visit! It's fine!" I say, in a desperate attempt to keep us alive. "No... I want you to be happy, Jameson. You deserve it... I just... I don't want to be a burden to you... Please... Fall in love with someone new... I just hope that man makes you the happiest. Even happier than I've made you." "But you make me the happiest! You can't just leave me!" I say. "I'm sorry, Jameson... I really... Am..." I started to feel tears well up in my eyes, "Connor? Are you okay?" I hear a soft sniffle, "y-yeah. I'm fine! Really... Just a... Cold..." A single tear slid down my cheek. I quickly whipped it away. "Jameson, thank you for loving me." The call ends at those words... Thank you for loving me... I put my hand over my mouth in disbelief... Did he... Just break it off? Connor... You big idiot... How could I ever forget you?