The Haruhi Harem (Pt1)

"Why is your house filled with boxes?" Kaoru asked worriedly.

Hikaru stared at her with an unreadable look in his eyes.

"Kaoru, Hikaru, Mom says that we have to move." The little girl looked at them sadly as they stiffened and fixed her with a blank look.

"Why?" Hikaru asked coldly.

"She says that her friend and her are discussing aranged marige." She shrugged, looking lost.

"Arranged marriage." Kaoru breathed in disbelief.

"Yeah, whatever that is."

"That's stupid!" Hikaru spat out in disgust.

"It doesn't matter, what Mom says, I do." ___ looked perplexed at what she wanted to do yet resigned to what she had to do.

"Why? You're the same age as us! Getting a husband is supposed to be saved for when you finish school!" Hikaru yelled.

The little girl flinched at his loud voice and fixed him with serious look.

"Some people just have to grow up faster."

"Do you even care?!"

"Of course I do but there's nothing I can say or do that will make a difference." She sighed and tried to explain reasonably.

"Stop acting like that! Stop it now! At least pretend like you actually care!"

The girl sent him a hurt look and gripped her sheets tighter.

"I do care."

"Stop. Just stop. I knew it was a mistake to let you in. Go, go marry some guy you've never met. I knew you were a mistake." Hikaru said coldly and turned on his heel.

Kaoru stared blankly at the girl, trembling and biting her lip, fighting tears.

And then he turned and followed his brother.

__________________________

"Hello Haruhi." I smiled at the scream she released.

"K-Kai?! What are you doing here?" She asked in between gasps.

"This was the vacation home Mr. Ootori and I had our eye on. I thought it would be wise to see the resources. Why? Does my being here displease you?"

"N-No, where is Alyssa?" She stuttered.

"Alyssa saw a butterfly."

"Oh."

"Indeed."

"Should we look for her?"

"She'll be fine...probably."

"That doesn't really assure me."

"You can believe me...probably."

"Stop saying probably!"

"Okay. You can believe me...possibly."

"...I'm going to go look for Alyssa."

"That is most likely wise."