SERIES 6 THE TREATMENT

In our first week we are only fed once a day with salted rice. The villagers were even afraid to put the meal in our bowls. They maybe fear we will slaughter them. Nag CCR kami lang if there are soldiers who will accompany us to the wilderness to make poo poo.. Wala naming bathroom sa bundok.

Kung ang mga sundalo ay naliligo ng once a week, kami is maybe after 2 weeks or 10 days. That was our first bath with the same clothes.

We found out from the villegers that they are called the Sulayman Group. Isa sa mga rebel groups here in the country who seek a social belongingness in the society. An outcast in the community since they are our kababayan na Muslims.

In the sense of Joey the 10 yr old who doesn't understand Religion medyo complicated parin I explain sa kanya.

We spent sleepless nights begging God for the Mercy of our lives. To wake up in the morning and this will just be a hell dream to remember. To take us back to our families and love ones.

Kapag naiisip ko na hindi na ako makakauwi. I cried. I cried a lot this days and nahahawa na din ang iba sa iyak ko. Though they did not torture us my heart is broken.

We spent the days in the cell holding on to the metals like prisoners in the movies wondering what will tomorrow bring. We have become each other's brothers and sisters. Shayne have become my shoulder.

The rebels were actually nice to us, in the sense that they don't beat us, they give us food (kahit once a day lang) and they let us take a bath once.

One day there's this girl siya lagi ang nag dadala ng food namin everyday, we were laughing comforting our cries then she turned around and sat down beside the cell. She was listening. Nagulat nalang xia at umalis nung tiningnan naming na umupu xia..

"naawa kaya xia sa atin?"