Chapter 2: Comfort And Confessions (part 3)

My eyes welled up with tears out of hope and sadness. Hope because I'd known all my life that is been adopted and was determined to find my biological father. Sadness because said father had to see me in such a bruised and bloody mess.

"Dad?"

He have my a soft, sad smile as he gently combed his fingers through my hair. "That's right."

I gave him a hug and cried into his shoulder.
Unlike my so called "parents," he didn't push me away. Instead, he pulled me closer and held me as I sobbed, rubbing soothing circles on my back and whispering sweet nothings in my ear while he rocked us back and forth until I calmed down.

He gently wiped away my tears when I pulled away and gave me a smile, which I returned.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you growing up, son." He said quietly, eyes sad, "when I found you in the ghost zone with Clockwork I was so proud of you. I've watched over you as much as I could, but–" his eyes glossed over in tears, "I guess it wasn't enough. When I found you in the street—I almost died, my heart ached for you so much."

I took his hand in mine as I latex my head on his chest.

"I felt so guilty that I couldn't have given you a better life than I did." He took a deep, shuddering breath and slowly let it out in an effort to hold his own tears at bay. "I brought you here, to the house you were born in, and patched you up.
"And I made a vow. A vow to give you the life you deserved to have growing up. People have been letting you down all your life...now I fear that I am one of those people." He said, voice cracking as the tears he'd been holding back finally fell.

I wiped away his tears, much like he did mine, and gave him a sad smile. "It's okay dad. I've never once blamed you for the terrible life I've had, and I'm not about to start now"

As we hugged, I couldn't help but feel complete. Like all I'd ever been looking for finally fell into my life.

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you too, baby boy."

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

(A/N: I do not own Danny Phantom, the Teen Titans)