Neil Perry x Reader/Random - Reveal

Warning. As of the time I am writing this bolded paragraph, it will be a year or more since I wrote this. I understand that some people enjoyed it so I'll keep it up, but I want you reading this to understand the danger of this story. I have romanticized suicide and that is in no way okay for me to do. My sincerest apologies. As this story gains popularity, I do not want to offend or deter anyone if I can help it. Let this be a genuine apology and a growth in my maturity; this won't happen again. If you happen to enjoy this story, that's amazing and I truly appreciate you, but if you or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts, please keep your safety and the safety of others in mind and refer to professionals. There are helplines whose numbers are a click away. There is hope.

I am always ready to talk if you need somebody. <3

~
Dedicated to the incredible movie, Dead Poets Society.

HERE IS YOUR WARNING: DPS WAS A MOVIE THAT CHANGED ME, AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT WAS PERFECT TO ME. I URGE YOU TO EITHER WATCH THE MOVIE OR DISCONTINUE READING THIS FOR PROTECTION AGAINST THE MAJOR SPOILERS. AFTER ALL, ONCE I SPOIL IT, THE SCENE I AM WRITING ABOUT WON'T BE AS EFFECTIVE WHEN WATCHING THE MOVIE.

Little Prologue Thingy:
Written from your perspective.
Neil Perry (DPS) and you are best friends.
He goes to Welton and you go to an all-girls school.
You know of the Dead Poets Society and show up to their meetings.
You know of Neil's play and went to see it.
You know of Neil's family issues.
The original scene from the movie doesn't end like this, so it is not a huge spoiler but the overall thing Neil was trying to accomplish is part of the movie, SO HERE'S ANOTHER WARNING.
It's summer.
You and Todd get along well as friends too.
Y/N - Your name
~
Neil Perry and I have been getting along like two pieces of a puzzle. I support him and his pursuit of acting, and he supports my acting. Life made sense with him around.

He has been seeming depressed lately, and I am absolutely sure it's his father. I can't imagine the torment he is tumbling through. It's dreadful even for me to hear it.

I see him cry, rarely, but I do. Breaking pieces of me every time, I listen to him unconditionally. Have I been wanting to please him with an intimate relationship? Yes, but I can't.

I tried this once, and he wasn't comfortable. Understandable; he doesn't spend time with females, just like how I don't spend much time with males. Our schools are restricted to genders. We met one day at a national park. Just strolling along, and Neil noticed me, picked the most exquisite roses, and gifted them to me, along with his address. We lettered each other for only a day before he insisted we meet up in person. I obviously agreed, such a gentleman couldn't be rejected. From then on, I tagged along to these Dead Poets Society meetings.

Friend wasn't the best word I would've chosen. We had a unique bond, I'd never had it before with anyone else. That kind of relationship with an interest in each others' lives, a passion for poetry (I luckily got to attend plenty of Mr. Keating's workshops), but we never went farther than that.

Spending a large majority of time with your own gender may lead to eccentric relationships with the opposite gender, but we dodged this. We would communicate our feelings, emotions, wants, needs, anything and everything we desired to share.

Neil's father had been disrupting the flow of Neil's life, I can recall. Niel had a passion for acting, but his father just wouldn't have it. Unbelievable. What monstrosity of a human being denies their own son's dreams?

I couldn't take it any longer. I needed to communicate to him about my desires as of late. If having an intimate relationship would break him free of his sorrow, I want to convey that I can provide it. If kissing someone and truly meaning it could break him from his sorrow, I can do it. And I want to be that person, because I love him with all of my heart, I want to save him and free him. I just can't see him broken any longer. I knew with all of my heart that he would listen, understand, maybe even feel the same.