Todd Anderson x Reader - Answer Me This (Part 4)

Hello, wonderful people! And welcome to the product of an extremely long writing break! It is a little rocky and doesn't flow too well but I feel very relieved for completing it and I hope you like the new elements I created in this chapter!

See you at the end!

-Caroline

~~~

(It is the morning, Todd and you are both in your combined beds)

Todd, poem notebook in hand, draped his face in his passionate words. Springing up from his bed, he tucked his notebook away in a bookbag with a sense of regret. He walked back towards our combined beds but did not lock with my eyes. Instead, his attention was stolen to the magnetic aura of my notebook on my desk. A quick glance in my direction and I exploded up out of my bed towards him since I knew he would try to read it. Todd hoisted it up into the air as I jumped with little intent to regain it. Height was something I needed now but I took my surrender with laughter and butterflies. Here was my excuse to get really close to him, and I did.

Todd smiled gleefully as he kept my notebook just beyond my disappointing reach. I plead while he taunted me with "come get it" and "jump a little higher!" I began to touch him, gently, as for some reason I believed I would hurt him if I held him too hard, on his chest, shoulders, and tugged on his arms in an attempt to alleviate his grasp. I couldn't waver him. To be fair, I was not trying too hard to get my notebook back since the feeling of his lively body close to mine would satisfy my romantic feelings for him. Maybe only for today...

Perhaps Todd got tired or guilty, so for a split moment, his hand descended into my range. I snatched it frantically. His grip remained stronger than I was anticipating and threw me off balance, landing me on Todd's toe. His reaction altered his balance too and we felt our collective bodies falling. He pushed me backward desperately trying to retain my notebook while keeping him upright and consequently, we found ourselves against a wall.

Until the laughter receded, I hadn't noticed that my back was enveloped in a tender grasp and a cautious arm glued to my notebook was planted beside my head, holding Todd upright. He held his head in laughter, however, my heart stopped. I savored the moment as best I could; his inviting chuckles, his threatening lips carved in a jocular smile, his safeguarding arm cuddling my waist. It was spectacular. And for just this couple of seconds, I could pretend this was all mine, he was all mine.

Todd finally subdued his laughter but retreated back a few steps instantly. His face morphed into a collection of emotion from shock to fear. I immediately recognized his concern.

"Todd... give me my notebook," I firmly commanded. The dismay on his face did not float away. He was clearly frightened he had gone too far physically. The idea of choosing to tell him my feelings for him shredded my sanity.

"Y/N..." he lowered his tone, mimicking me. "Give me my notebo-" I sliced his words as I lunged at him once again. I would not let him taunt me. All this play fighting was starting the day off beautifully.

He fought my wild hands with one hand and opened my notebook with the other, turning to the first page. He giggled cutely whenever my hands managed to push, slap, or grab him. My hand eventually collided directly with his and I interlocked my fingers on his and led his hand out of the way. He noticed my intent and lifted my notebook once again above my reach. He glared at me with a heart-melting side glance. 

"Y/N, you should just give up now."

"So much for carpe diem," I retorted with a playful tone.