Chapter 4: Meeting the Father

Masamune POV

"I will be delighted to meet your father"

Yeah right, Masamune!! I just have to agree meeting Ritsu father last night I couldn't just say "I'll think about it" but that give the wrong meaning. Also, I didn't want to upset Ritsu if I say no as well. I would be lying if I say that I'm not afraid of Ritsu father cause I am big time. The time we'll stories of our parents Onodera did mention that his father got angry one time at a man who stalk him for a month. Then the rest of the man was over in over ten second and trust me you don't want to know details.

Just remembering that story has given me nightmares for the past ten days. I suddenly shivering of the horror which I have to imagine. I have such a very graphic imagine that I wish regret having. Sometimes just imagining Ritsu father giving me that deadly father protective glare. I thought of walking away but for sure that Onodera is gonna make me sleep on the floor for the next two months. That floor is so mean and uncomfortable.

Releasing a sigh of disappointment and fear in front of the mansion. I know that my lover is rich but didn't aspect to be this rich. Dazzling right before my eyes is my promise ring that I have bought for us three years ago. I couldn't forget that night since I practically somewhat purpose and confess all my true feeling to Ritsu. And so did Ritsu by saying I love you too for the first time when we started working together and high school year.

Taking a deep breathe in the mansion right before my eyes. Knowing why I agree to meet Ritsu father is because I wanted his blessing for the engagement and approve of me marrying my beloved Ritsu. Walking up to the door before knocking the door a middle age man open the door with a smile.

"I'm very glad that you came by Masamune," said the man

"Um..." I stutter

"Oh gomenasai, I'm Onodera Raiden, Ritsu father"

WHAT!!! I couldn't speak at all since this man looks nothing like Ritsu at all expect only inherited his green eyes. But he has super dark black hair with light tan skin and didn't look older than 40 I believe. Leaving the fact that I'm speechless is that Onodera-sama left a soft laugh before offering a small smile.

"Don't worry Musuko, Everyone thought if I am actually Ritsu father," said Onodera-sama

"Hahaha....gomenasai" I apologize

"It's ok Musuko-san"

Entering inside the mansion I notice on every picture is just my love and his father. His mother was never in any picture expect on the day of his birth. Though not in any Christmas pictures, new years, or even his high school graduations. Just wondering what kind of mother is she to Ritsu probably not a good one that for sure.

"It seems you notice about the picture" Onodera-sama commented

"His mother, your wife isn't in any of this pictures" I replied

"That because my wife tried so hard making some wedding plans for Ritsu and An-chan after taking over the CEO. She never thought of our son feelings and his choices for his future. When she try forcing Ritsu into marriage again with Ryo. I just got so anger that I needed to give Ritsu the courage to stand up for himself against his mother. She accuses me of being a bad father but I told her that If you ever care for our son then you would have respected his decision. Not force him into something he wanted to in the first place. What makes you any better parent than me? That when she slap me and left for the rest of my and Ritsu life forever."

"Damn...Do you miss your wife, Otou-san?" I asked

"Not really since we haven't been agreeing with each other for the last ten years"

"Gomenasai Otou-san"

"No need to apologize Musuko-san, I maybe 48 years old but still young on inside"

We laugh lightly before reaching the garden drinking some coffee. Not sure how many hours has passed by while talking with Otou-san. Including to see so many pictures of Ritsu as a baby and elementary school. I get the chance to keep a few of pictures which would be good for blackmailing. I know I'm evil and a jackass at the same time but that why Ritsu loves me for that.

Seeing the times that it's already past 2 in the morning which surprises me but luckily Ritsu is spending the night at Kisa-san place. When Otou-san arrives with a red box placing it in front of me.with a warm smile.

"This is has been my greatest treasure of all time son-in-law," he said

Opening the small box was an antique looking pocket watch. It may look new but it's actually pretty and still work. As the watch open I saw a picture of Ritsu smiling happily with me. It was our old high school photo the first we ever took in high school. The scent of the Sakura tree and the way how the petals blow around Ritsu. He looked so beautiful that when I realize that I fell for him and wanted him to be my husband.

"Arigato Otou-san," I said

"Actually I should be thanking you son in law" Otou-san replied

"What do you mean?"

"During the time when Ritsu enter in his middle school, my wife arrange the engagement with An-chan without discussing with me first. I thought maybe this will be good for him to married An-chan. As time went on my ex-wife continue making choices for our son but I didn't say anything at all. I felt that he was disobeying our wishes but I was just lying to myself for years. When Ritsu first broke down during his first year in high school I knew I had to be there him. I failed as a father when I should've stood up for him instead ignoring his true choices. I knew I had to do the rights for him since I never want my son being broken down again. "

"Otou-san...."

"After years of writing letters to each other while he was in London. I knew something didn't felt right about my son. Until I saw your name in his journal and figure you're his first love and never forgotten about you. I wanted to hold a grudge on you but couldn't since Ritsu actually love you deeply with all his heart. I knew I had to let him go back to you since I didn't want my son to make the same mistake as I did"

"The same mistake you did?"

"The watch you hold in your hand was a goodbye present of my ex-lover a young boy I dated in high school. I held so many regrets and pains in my life that I wanted to give my the happiness joy he needs in his life. And that you did just that by making him feel special and love."

"Ritsu is the one who made me see the light in my own life when I almost into darkness once more. And I will risk my life when Ritsu life is on the line even if we both die, we died together."

All of sudden I felt his hand ruffling my hair. At first, it felt strange but then I actually smile feeling important to a parent. Even he isn't my father but the way we bonded in just a matter of hours.

"I, Onodera Raiden, approve of the engagement and giving you my blessing" Otou-san

 Placing the watch onto my belt as I saw the picture of us happily. Today meeting with Ritsu Father is the best day of my life. 

TBC