'An Intruder!' Chapter: 06

"So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought. Heading for the places in your Past where the screaming is unbearable. Remember there's always madness .... Madness is the emergency exit." -Unknown.

_______________________________

~SAME DAY~ 

6th Oct, 2015.

At Red Hood 5S Hotel, 8:00 PM.

It was a silent and cold night. There wasn't any single person outside, as well as inside. It was the 7th cup of coffee that Melissa was having that day. Melissa who was sitting on the counter, was hella tired till the end of her shift and there wasn't any sign of any more customers so she decided to finally say good-bye to her work as she was done for the day. She took a last sip of her coffee and put her cup down with a sigh. It was one hell of a hectic day and she knew it. Once she was done with the data base, she closed the system while yawning and secured it with a password that only she knew, then she stretched her hands and was about to leave the counter when she saw something moving beside the counter from the corner of her eye. She quickly moved to the side and found someone half-standing and half-bending in there like a deer caught in headlights state as that person was trying to hide under the counter obviously to scare Melissa but due to Melissa's swift turn, that plan was failed. Melissa exclaimed with her hand on her chest.

"God! Lis, you scared me." 

Her best friend and secretary Lisa Matthew who was now revealed, came out of the counter shaking her head.

"God Mel, how do you always catch me? You don't even give me time to hide."

"Magic!" Melissa said smirking and Lisa rolled her eyes.

"So...? How was your day? And are you leaving?" Lisa asked Melissa and she nodded her head while picking up her things from the counter.

Melissa knew Lisa was pretty good at her job so she could easily leave everything on her, also Melissa trusted her more, when it came to hotel, than that Norah.

"Yes! Now it's your duty to monitor everything. Lucy again took a leave today as you know she is pregnant so I can't really force her to come to work daily but due to Norah's careless attitude I had to do her job so I guess now you can imagine my day." 

"Again?" Lisa said throwing her hands in the air.

"Yes Again!" Melissa replied and Lisa rolled her eyes shaking her head.

"I swear I want to kill this Norah but you always ask me to stay quiet. You know I just have to use some beautiful words that could easily slay this bitch." Melissa laughed at this and said.

"Sure, I can do that too but I prefer my bossy attitude more, 'cause I know it would work fine on her." Lisa nodded smiling and replied remembering some old memory.