Chapter 8 -- Trent

[Trigger Warning - Mild (???) Abuse Scene.]

Trent stepped into his house at 3:00 after school. He sat on his couch, waiting for something to do. This thing came when his brother arrived, with his two friends.

"Yo. Little bro!" Aidan called out.

"What?" Trent asked.

"Come climb up on the roof and get my shirt." Aidan laughed, and Trent only rolled his eyes. His brother ran around without a shirt so often that it no longer fazed him.

"Whatever. But I swear to god you let me fall, again, I'm gonna bleed all over your fucking shirt." He said, cringing as he remembered the last time he climbed on the roof, and his brother let him fall face first, on a flower pot.

"We'll catch you. Promise." Aidan said, and Aidan never broke any of his promises. 'Promise' is a very rare word for Aidan to say, because he wants to keep that fact to his reputation.

"Whatever." Trent stood up, and walked upstairs, where his brother's bedroom was. He stepped out onto the ledge, and climbed up on top of the roof, and grabbed the shirt. It was too dangerous to even attempt to get back in through the window, he'd end up falling backwards off of the roof, and that would definitely not be fun. He saw his brother and one of his friends link their arms together, and signal him it was alright to come down. He dropped down, and sure enough, his brother and friend caught him. Trent stood, and tossed the shirt back to his brother.

"Thanks little bro." He said, ruffling his hair.

"I'm gonna let y'all have the house, just, don't screw up my room."

"We're gonna be frickle frackling in the basement, so your room is safe." One of his friends said, wiggling his eyebrows, and Trent rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Have fun." He could tell by the way his other friend's eyes dropped, and stared at his shoes like they were the newest species of animal, that he was gay. Trent wanted to console him, tell him that his brother wouldn't care if he came out, but he knew that that would be a hypocritical statement, since he still failed to come out to his brother. So, instead, he caught the boy's eyes, and smiled at him. The boy smiled back, gratefully, and followed Aidan and his other friend inside. 

Trent had no idea what he was going to do for the next few hours, so he decided to wander around the city. This had slowly become one of his favorite pass-times, He enjoyed having new people to figure out. He enjoyed talking to strangers. He even set up a booth one time saying he'd pay stranger a dollar if they told him their story. He ended up giving away $150, but it was definitely worth it.

He took the bus into town, because it was too far away to walk, and he couldn't legally drive yet.

"'Ello Trent!" The bus driver said, when he got on the bus.

"How are you today, sir?" Trent asked, getting out his wallet to pay. 

"No need to pay today, Trent! It's on me." The driver said, smiling.

"Only if you're sure." He said, still holding onto his wallet.

"I am. Go sit down." The driver said, and waved him by.

"Thank you, sir." Trent sat in the back, and watched all of the people walk by. He wondered how many of them had secrets that they were keeping. How many had been touched by true pain. How many had attempted to end their lives. How many had been touched in the wrong way. How many needed a friend. How many cried themselves to sleep. And how many of them were like him, counting calories and starving. He sat back in his seat, and took out his iPod. He decided he was just going to walk around the town, giving beggars money, and smiling at people. Being the happy kid  that everyone assumed he was. Silently loving the wrong gender with all of his heart.