Playing Soldier

A/N before we start.
So, first off I want to say thank you all sooOoo much for 2.76k views/reads whatever.
Second off, I apologize for the lack of updates, I'm just having terrible writer's block, and I also have stuff happening outside of the internet. One other thing, after September/October, Im not sure how frequent my updates will be, as I am going into an exam year. I hope you guys aren't upset, I really am happy for the support you all give me! <3

The sound of gunshots rang through the air, as men and women scuttled about the trenches, often jumping for cover when the enemy fired, the fear of bullets and grenades all too strong.

"Azumane! Keep your shit together and take care of the injured, goddammit!" A burly man yelled out, pointing in every direction.
"Tsukishima, Kageyama, Tanaka; Turrets, now!" He yelled out, flinching as a multitude of grenades fell too close for comfort. He ducked back into the trench, weaving between scrambling soldiers and abandoned perches.
"What are you numbskulls doing?! They'll advance if we pull back, so man those goddamned perches!!" He practically screeched.
"Sawamura, we've got an issue!" A soldier flecked with blood and dirt ran up to him, his brown eyes full of worry, grey hair pushed up under his helmet.
"The turrets aren't working, and there are too many injured for Azumane and Ennoshita to keep up with, we have to pull back for now!" The man grabbed Sawamura's arm, squeezing lightly.
Sawamura gritted his teeth.
"We're so close to winning the battle!" He snapped, peering up over the trench.
"Yeah, well there's a huge difference between winning a battle, and winning the war! Now move it, else we'll all get blown to smithereens!" The soldier pulls Sawamura away, a small limp just about visible in his left leg, which Sawamura picks up on way too quickly.
"The Hell'd you do to your leg, Sugawara?" Daichi shouts over the commotion.
"Nothing, just tripped a couple' times!" He yells back.
Daichi grumbles, looking around. He puts two fingers to his lips, whistling loudly. The surrounding soldiers stopped, and then began to grab their guns, retreating back further in the trenches. Daichi growls as he hears yells of triumph, a little bit thankful for the lack of grenades and bullets firing at them.

Then Sugawara falls.
Daichi stops, kneeling to pick up Sugawara. His face was red, sweat running down his forehead.
"I-I'm fine, I can walk by myself." He mutters through clenched teeth.
"Yeah, I'm not believing any of that." Daichi murmurs, holding Sugawara bridal style.
Sugawara's head lolls against Daichi's arm, his eyes lidded. Daichi holds him tightly, following the remaining soldiers. He keeps his eyes focused ahead, paying no heed to the fallen soldiers he couldn't save. Instead, he focuses on one he can.

...

Daichi pads around the base, his uniform traded in for a loose with shirt and shorts. He quietly makes his way past the bunks, down to the infirmary. Out of habit, he checks every window and door as he passes.
The infirmary was a relatively big room, with multiple separate rooms for every patient. Most patients were fast asleep, some snoring so loud China could probably here. Daichi pokes his head into each room, making sure his troops were okay. He smiles softly as he pokes his head into the third room, a small figure curled up in the sheets, the only part of him visible being his bright orange hair. Daichi pulls the door over slightly, running a hand through his hair. He continues on, worry suddenly filling his stomach.