Keeping A Promise

1267 Words

Fluff Level: 8.0 Smut Level: 0.0 Angst Level: 1.0

-<+>-

Two years next week.

Two years since I had seen my best friend.

When Dean had told me he was Bisexual I was over the moon, maybe it was finally my chance to push our relationship past the boundary of just best friends and more into boyfriends?

But of course it was never meant to be.

Dean had told me he was telling his father and brother, when he got home.

I wish I could have told him not too, but instead I pushed him on – what could they do?

It was the next day, when Dean didn't turn up to school, that I started to worry.

"Sam? Sam please, where is Dean?"

He looked down, "Cas..."

I stamped my foot angrily, something I almost never did, "Where is he Sam? Is he ok?"

"Cas... I am so sorry"

I shook my head "Why are you sorry? Don't be sorry, where is he? Where is Dean?"

That was the last time I had seen him.

Sam explained that Dean had told him and his dad, Sam accepted him with open arms, after all he was in the closet himself but his father was a different matter.

He yelled about how homosexuality was a sin, and all this religious stuff. He got abusive, he was so close to killing him – but he didn't.

He just sent him over 4000 miles away to a 'Religious Camp' in London called 'Lazarus Rising'. The irony.

So two years later, his father was in Jail – after getting arrested for drunk driving and the murder of their mother, Mary – and Dean was coming home. In a week. They wouldn't let him leave until the whole camp was over. Bastards.

I was in the middle of my first soccer game as Captain. I took over from Dean when he left – it kept me going. Waiting.

I can see the goal.

So close.

There.

The crowd roared as the ball flew through the air slamming into the goal.

I stood still, frozen in disbelief until Benny came running over and smacked me on the back of the shoulder screaming profanities.

"We won!"

I could faintly hear the crowd cheering my name but that wasn't what was on my mind.

Dean

My happiness slowly faded as I realised that Dean broke his promise, to be at my first soccer game, but shook my head removing the negative thoughts from my mind.

It wasn't his fault he wasn't here.

I was dragged from my thoughts as Charlie ran up to me and enveloped me in a hug.

"Congratulations Cassie! I can't believe you won your first game!"

I gave a small smile, and replied "I know, everyone did so well – they all trained so hard..."

She shoved me making me stumble a little.

"Hey! You were the one who trained them, and got the final goal! Give yourself some credit."