Chap. 9

My couch is my home. It was 11:00 pm and I couldn't sleep. Just then, Caleb walked in. "Not sleepy, Hayley?" he asked. "No," I said. "What's wrong?" he asked me, sitting down next to me. "I miss you at home. You're always not home. I need my big brother," I told him, leaning my head on his shoulder. "I know... I miss it too. But that's the thing. I have so much fun with Brennan that I completely forget about my family. I'm sorry, H$," Caleb said. I looked up at Caleb teary-eyed. "I love you, Caleb." "I love you too, Hay."
---
"No school for you?" Ryan asked me. It was morning the next day and Ryan and Tessa were at my house. "Nope," I replied. "To make you feel any better, you're missing Mrs. Cole's test," Tessa rolled her eyes. "Not really. I'm taking it online," I replied to her, now me rolling my eyes. "Ha!" Tessa and Ryan laughed. "I also have Physical Therapy today... can one of you come?" I asked them. "Sorry. Remember we have our meet today?" Tessa reminded me. Right. The meet I really wanted to go to. "I can come," Ryan smiled. "Thanks." "No problem H$. We gotta go to school," Ryan told me. Tessa nodded and started going out the door. Ryan gave me a small kiss on the forehead and left. I sighed. This is gonna be boring.
---
"Hayley! Get ready for physical therapy!" my mom called to me from the kitchen. "Okay!" I yelled back. I put on my boot and then slumped over to the door.

We arrived and I saw Ryan waiting for me. "Hayley!" he greeted hugging me. "Hey Ryan," I said glumly. "You'll be fine. I'll be waiting in the car," mom told me. I put my head on Ryan's shoulder. He stroked my hair. "You'll be okay," he reassured me. I looked up at him with wet eyes. "F*ck your brother," I whispered but then laughed and he laughed too. We sat down in some chairs and waited for my turn.

"Hayley?" a women came to us. We stood up and walked over to a table. "I'm Rachel Adams, your therapist. Sit on the table," she told me. I got up and Ryan sat besides me. "Love birds?" she asked us, chuckling. We laughed and nodded. "Yeah," Ryan replied. She took off my boot and told me to move it around. It hurt so I squeezed Ryan's hand. He didn't mind even though I squeezed it really hard and so many times.
---
Finally it was over. "I hated that!" I clenched my teeth. "It's okay. Want me to come home with you?" Ryan asked me. "If you wanna," I replied and smiling at him. "Okay then I'll come." Ryan helped me into the car and then we drove home.
---
"Okay love birds, I'm going to get dinner, okay?" Mom told us. "Okay!" I called back. She left and Ryan and I were left on the couch. "So, how's life?" Ryan asked. "Seriously? You're asking me that now?" I laughed. "I guess so," he laughed back, giving me a small peck on the cheek. I giggled and he put his arm around me. I snuggled next to him with my blanket pulled up to my chest. We were watching the new episode, Once Upon a Time. Just then, Annie came downstairs crying. I sat up and Ryan looked at her. "Annie what's wrong?" I asked her. "N-nothing. Where's mom?" she asked me, angerily. "She went to get food," I replied. "Augh!" Annie yelled. She opened a kitchen drawer and took out a knife. "ANNIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I yelled at her and instintly started running to her. I forgot I had an injury so I fell flat on my face.

Everything went black.