Chap. 1

"Melissa Confessisorre! Wake up!" Mrs. South screamed from the front of the class. My friend's head shot up from her World History textbook, making everyone laugh. "One more, and that's detention, young lady," she scolded. There were some oohs and ahs from the class. I was silently laughing and so were my other two friends, Tessa May and Lisa Shoudt.

After class, we walked out together to lunch, we all had the same classes together, except for last period (not the one we just finished, the one before that which was period 2). Tessa and I weren't in Melissa and Lisa's. So Tessa and I had the same classes. "Did you forget your nap in math?" I asked Melissa, snickering. "Yeah! Mrs. Smith put us in groups so we had to stay awake. Ugh! She's so annoying," Melissa said, groaning. We all laughed.

Fourth period is reading, which is also pretty boring, except the fact that world history is even boringer. I don't know if that's a word... I don't pay attention in Reading and Language Arts.

We were in the same group table, so we set our bags there and Melissa and Tessa brought their lunch bags. Lisa and I usually buy lunch, and today is Mac n Cheese! Yes, my favorite! On the school news, they call it, Monday Mac. Pretty catchy, huh? No? Just me, got it.

"Oh shit. I forgot my lunch money at home! Can you lend me some, please, Hay?" Lisa asked me. "Sure," I chuckled and gave her $2.00 since lunch is two dollars.

I got my Mac n Cheese, mashed potatoes (they aren't that great), and chocolate milk. Lisa got her Mac n Cheese, mashed potatoes, carrots, and strawberry milk.

"Hey guys! So I've been waiting for you guys to come here," Melissa began. "My mom is getting married again!" she exclaimed. We all silently cheered, because we didn't want to draw attention to ourselves. When Melissa was five and her younger sister, Alyssa, was two, their mom and dad divorced. Melissa doesn't remember much about her dad but she always wanted to be, so called, normal. Because whenever her mom goes to her Open House or something, some kids would be like, "Don't you have a dad?" and well that's kinda rude. Anyways, Melissa was still jumping in her seat. "Wow. You're still excited," Tessa remarked. "Because that's not all. We're going to be braidsmaids! All four of us!"

Oh my gosh did I just here what she said!?! I've always wanted to be a braidsmaid... don't know why so don't ask. "My mom is emailing all your moms so they can help you get ready for the big day in two months!" Melissa told us, still squealing. "Two months? That's a long time," I said. "No it's not! It'll come in a flash," Melissa said.

Suddenly we heard a voice behind us. "Well, well, well. Well it isn't the "squealing geek nerds" seatin right here!" It was Brennan, one of the coolest 10th graders and meanest. He's the bully of the school. "Shut the f*** up, Brennan," Melissa mumbled under her breath. That was a bad move. "What did you say, a*shole?" "You heard exactly what I said," Melissa snapped. The whole lunch room fell quiet they knew there was going to be a fight.

Brennan took poor, screaming Melissa outside near the garage and the school dump was. That's the place where all the gangs hang out and skip school. We were about to go after Melissa and Brennan when Julian Ramos and Caleb Logan blocked our way. "Retards," I mumbled. "Excuse me?" Caleb asked me, bending down to my face. "Shit, you heard me. What you gonna do about that, son?" I said, spreading out my arms and put on a weird face. Everyone was laughing. "Oh, I'll show you," Caleb said and started charging towards me. The place fell quiet.

I had no idea what I was doing, so I started running. Sprinting around the cafeteria. We were going around in circles until I banged into someone. We both fell down, I can hear the people laughing, but it wasn't at me. It was at Caleb! He was surprised I fell, so we also stumbled and fell on his face! Ha. Take that, Caleb Logan.

I let my friends escape. Tessa and Lisa got way past Julian and went outside to get Melissa. I was on the floor though, and I crashed into Ryan.