Prelude

4 O'clock in the morning, every day. The alarm never fails to break through my dreams and bring me back to reality, reminding me that I'm still living this miserable life... Ah, it's too early to be down.

  It has all become a routine by now. There's not enjoyment in my daily life and I never fail to tear up every morning when I wake up just with the thought that I must go through another day. Again. Again. Again. It never ends. It's a cycle I spiraled into and can't seem to slip out of. It's, what you could call, Hell.

  Wake up. Shower. Make breakfast. Get the clothes and bags ready. Wake her up and get her ready. Get her to school and go to college. Go to work after. Pick her up and go back home. Get ready for bed. Sleep. Repeat.

  It's been more or less three years since the cycle began and I got stuck in it. I don't cry anymore, I don't complain anymore, I don't feel much anymore. I'm tired all day but I'm restless and insomniac. I forgot what it's like to have a hobby or have fun with friends or by yourself. Depressed? I don't even know anymore. I'm not sure what you'd call this but I'm sure it's not something I can handle for much longer.

Yet, I will.

  I will fight to go on. I will try to step further into life and bring happiness to my home. I will fight with all my might. After all, once you hit rock bottom you can't go anymore deeper, can you? If this is the worst and yet I'm still alive then I can do this. I will do this.

For her, I will do this.

Even if it means losing myself along the way. It's worth it if I can see her smile.