Kirk - The Elevator

Requested by Msvettel. So sorry it took so long, but life got in the way :) Here ya go!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"(Y/N), where are you?" Bones asked over your communicator.

You woke up late, knowing that your boss, Bones, would kill you if you were late. You aggressively threw on your blue dress and ran down the metallic hallway.

"I'm on my way, Bones," you say to your boss.

You close the communicator and continue to squeeze your arm through the long-sleeved armhole. As you turn the corner to the elevator, you notice your crush, Captain Kirk, getting into the elevator.

You suddenly become breathless. You straighten your dress and smooth the back of your hair, which you know was sticking up straight.

"Hey! Keep the door open," you shout down the hall to Kirk.

He turned around and nodded. He walked into the elevator and held the side open as you came in. He let his arm out of the elevator door's way and let them close.

Breathless from running and standing next to your crush, you give a little "Thank you" to your Captain.

"No problem," he replied. He smiled a gorgeous, warm smile. "Sorry, I don't actually know your name."

"(Y/N)," you say to Kirk. You return a smile to him.

"(Y/N). Oh, right! Bones has talked a lot about you."

"He has?"

"He sure has. He says you show a lot of hard work and dedication to the medical field. I should come up and visit you there sometime... to check on you, of course."

"Oh, well, how ironic," you say, a little embarrassed, "but I actually overslept. I'm about 10 minutes late."

"That doesn't effect your work habits," he gives a small laugh, "It's about what you do, not when you do it."

"But, I could get a bad recommendation if I always come in late," I reply.

"Touchè," Kirk laughs.

The doors open to the Medical bay and you step out. You turn around and wave at Kirk. The doors close as he waves back and smiles that warm, soothing smile.

"Where have you been!" Bones' voice booms from inside the glass windows. "You're 10 minutes late!"

You face the elevator one more time, wanting to talk to Kirk more, but you turn around and go into the Med bay. Who knows what Bones'll say about this.